Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

weight plate

Hi. I have a 1997 RHD Explorer. Does anyone know how to read the weight plate in the engine bay? D - 2530 kg 373L - 5080kg Z2 1. - 1270kg KNTR 2. - 1360kg Is the total weight of the vehicle one of these numbers? Thanks for your help
  2. D

ignition issue

Hi guys. My 1997 4.0 sohc won't start as something broke in the ignition. I heard a piece break when I tried to start her. I think it might be an assembly behind the barrel that pushes the actuator bar. Does anyone have any experience in this type of repair? Thanks
  3. D

Ignition Problem

Hi guys, My ignition has broke. Went to start it and heard something break and the barrel turns freely with no resistance. The barrel is fine when I take it out. It's the inner part that seams to be rotating freely. When my mechanic found the starter relay type thing behind the panelling he...
  4. D

EGR or (DPFE) Sensor?

Hi, I am having periodic rough idle and stall, lack of power and hesitant running at speed. I have changed the IAC and the MAF sensors. No codes are being thrown up. If I am changing the EGR valve is it worth changing the (DPFE) Sensor also? Thanks
  5. D

3 spoke alloy wheel delamination

Hi guys, I have a 1997 Explorer with the stock 3 spoke alloy wheel. One of my plastic alloy dressing has started delaminating from the wheel. Do you know what can be done to fix this? Or is it a new wheel entirely? Thanks
Back