Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Coil block wiring from coil to PCM ?

Would anyone know what pins on the wiring harness are for the coil block on the pcm end on a 2006 explorer 4.0L? I have a short in the harness somewhere between the coil and pcm. Connector on coil is 4 wire.
  2. M

"06" 4.0L Intermittent P0352

I did have an intermittent P0300 but turned out that when I changed spark plugs I was given the wrong ones. My bad for not checking before I installed them. That code cleared out after putting in the right ones. But after I took my next trip and after it had warmed up going some 50 mi. It...
  3. M

"06" 4.0L intermittent p0300 and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Just finished resolving issues with vacumn leaks last weekend and the next day it comes up with p0300. Having put in new Motorcraft plugs and wires recently but replaced the coil block with an aftermarket. I took it back and got another new one. Same make cause it had lifetime warranty. No...
  4. M

Good ol' PO174 - Help

I have been having a persistent problem that seems to be common. I have an "06" Explorer w/ 4.0L. It has had the MAF cleaned, EGR replaced, intake manifold gaskets replaced, new plugs wires and coil block replaced. Did have a bolt break off on the intake manifold but has been repaired and new...
  5. M

Thank you for great site. I wish I had known about it years ago seeing I'm on my 3rd Explorer. Present one being a 06. But not a big fan of 2011 to present body style. I already have some tech. questions as I'm not ready to give my baby up yet. Anyway thank you for being here.
Back