Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

The everything Aviator thread.

Does anyone have a running list of aviator parts that are discontinued / no longer manufactured by Ford or a third party? I ask because I found an aviator that is being parted out locally and think I might go take a look. It sounds like the Intake Manifold Runner Control would be a good thing...
  2. D

Thank you, I was just able to verify my heads are stamped DC.
  3. D

Mine was manufactured 12/04. Do I for sure have the good heads? Is there any way I can check?
  4. D

Hello all, I am extremely happy that I have found this thread. I am in a bit of a situation… I impulse bought a 2005 Aviator. When I bought the car I was struck by its low mileage and the condition of the vehicle. I assumed (incorrectly) that I was buying a re-badged v8 explorer. After...
  5. D

Rebuilt 5R55S, please help me DECODE what the repair shop did.

Thank you for the very thorough response JK080. If I were to have to replace the bushing at some point in the future, is that a DIY job? And given that you are a transmission shop owner, in your opinion, what vehicles do you see in your shop the most often, ie. which vehicles are known for...
  6. D

Rebuilt 5R55S, please help me DECODE what the repair shop did.

I just purchase a 2005 Lincoln Aviator that had the transmission rebuilt just a couple months before I purchased it. All I have from the rebuild is the invoice, I am trying to learn as much as I can about these transmissions, but I am not a mechanic, please help me decode the invoice. The...
Back