Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Transmission jerks a bit when shifting into 1st gear, started doing it after a drain and refill of tranny fluid.

For my 1999 5r55e the manual says tranny takes 10 quarts and when I did my tranny fluid and filter change I put in over 7. Not sure what your 03 calls for but check the tranny fluid level when warm, in neutral with engine on and see where its at. Its also a big deal to only fill with mercon V
  2. O

Locker Recommendations

I run a spartan lunchbox locker and it works awesome. It is loud when making parking lot speed turns so that turns a lot of people off of this locker. The road manners are fine since I got used to it. Just easy throttle when taking off around corners on turns and it operates perfectly. Every...
  3. O

97 expo mid travel

Bamachips tune eh? Iv heard of a couple people that used to tune these sohc back in the day to increase the redline and tune in some more power. Welcome
  4. O

Android Head Unit Got Power, No Speakers

Did the amps only come with the eddie bauer and limited editions with the sub in the back right? My '99 xlt doesnt have an amp I dont think becuase I installed a double din with no speaker problems
  5. O

Which is better?

Everyone will have there own decision as to what oil is better, what filters are better, etc. As for parts such as oil filters, brake pads etc, I use oem. So in this case the fl-1-a is the winner. Some aftermarket parts and filters use different media or glues inside that are cheaper and break...
  6. O

Part number or thread size for tie rod end castle nut (front passenger side)

Junk yard would be your best bet unless you have a tap and die kit that has a thread pitch measuring tool in it to measure the threads
  7. O

Tire size with 3" McNeil front and rear fiberglass fenders

So are there extensions for the door handle linkage? I like those mounting tabs, do they come in a kit? How does the fuel door mount?
  8. O

Great update. Are you on dezertrangers by any chance? Do you have any pictures or tips for the rear fiberglass install? What brand is the glass? And like others have commented, tires larger than 33" have been known to snap the stock sized spindles. Even the maxtrac lift spindles so keep that in...
  9. O

Any update with the fiberglass install?
  10. O

Tire size question

What kind of tires are those and what did they cost mounted out the door?
Back