Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Wipers blowing fuse

The other night my wipers stopped, moved a bit, then the fuse popped.Now when I replace the fuse they move for a second and it pops, i can push them back down easily and the fuse doesnt pop with the motor unplugged so its not a short in the circuit. Has anyone opened one of these up? Theres a...
  2. S

Has anyone used FORScan?

I'm wondering if its possible to change my tire size.
  3. S

For anyone trying to get the maf screws off

This turns them into normal screws, no need to buy a security bit set.I've even used this on ignition screws on dodge trucks.
  4. S

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

Another one reporting in worked perfect, then when taking the board back in the house the button fell apart so I had to salvage one from an old satellite receiver.
  5. S

For anyone trying to get the maf screws off

Those pesky security bits are easily taken care of by taking a punch or in my case a spade bit and breaking them off with a hammer, then you can use a normal torx to remove your maf to clean it better.
  6. S

Knocked sunroof visor off track

I can still move it its just it tries to fetch up when you move it backwards.
  7. S

Knocked sunroof visor off track

So I slid the visor back too far and the rear passenger side came off the track, what's involved in fixing it?
  8. S

NEED HELP BIG TIME

Even if this was a good idea those frame rails would need to be cut back farther, the frame is still mangled where you cut it off.I suggest a full frame swap, you wont get this near straight with no experience.
  9. S

FIXED! Odd power window problem-GEM module?

My truck had a non-working drivers window and came with a spare switch, the spare switch made the relay in the gem module chatter and didnt work for any of the windows.I tested the door harness with a meter and everything was good.Pulled off the door panel, low and behold the window motor was...
  10. S

Sport Trak won’t start 2001

Theres bushings in the shifter assembly almost like sway bar bushings and they wear out and sometimes come out of place. explorer shifter bushings - YouTube
  11. S

Transmission Fluid Fill Tube Part # ?

The whole side of mine is rusted out behind the wheel well.My original plan was to bend some copper tubing and use that but its impossible to get the bends right without a tubing bender and the dipstick wouldnt read correctly.Now im cutting out the rotted section and replacing it with 3/4"...
  12. S

Ford factory alarm system?

I unplugged some wires to take the pictures.It seems this was controlled by a separate remote, so i'll probably be removing it since its useless.
  13. S

Ford factory alarm system?

Anyone have any info on how this thing works or a manual?
  14. S

Do the heads commonly crack when these things blow a headgasket?

A little update now that im home again, looking at the coolant it looks like someone mixed 2 coolants and it turned that rusty red color, its not thick or frothy.Now i just need to flush it and refill witu some green stuff. Im thinking last time i checked there was moisture builup on the rad...
  15. S

Do you remember the part number for the plugs rockauto is giving me 2 different ones that are very close in size.
  16. S

So there are no bubbles with the engine running and rad cap off im hoping its one of those freeze plugs.
  17. S

It doesn't have that frothy milkshake appearance trans fluid mixed with coolant has and the trans shifts fine.I had the cooler on an 01 explorer rupture and it took out the headgasket and transmission pretty quickly filling the trans with coolant.
  18. S

I'm having someone check the coolant with the engine running in the next few days for bubbles, I have my fingers crossed I don't have to tear it down and do head gaskets. This would be a lot easier if I weren't away for work. If there are no bubbles I'll order a coolant system pressure testing...
  19. S

Has anyone put led lights in a 01-05 sporttrac?

I'm wondering if the ones with the aluminum/copper ribbons for cooling will fit?
  20. S

Sounds like I'll need to buy a pressure tester
  21. S

I really hope this is it, does the head need to be removed to repair it?
  22. S

Yes its sohc, glad to hear the heads likely arent cracked
  23. S

I have oil in my coolant, so I'm guessing the headgasket is blown.The truck idles fine and blows hot air the temp gauge reads low but I think the sensor is gummed with oil skewing the reading.
  24. S

Front Wheel Speed Sensor harness location

I have an abs light on and looking under the hood I found the harness from the sensor but cant for the life of me find the other end of it under the hood.I went to look at the passenger side and theres no sensor at all.
  25. S

New owner with a few questions

I just purchased a 2002 ST today and there are a few minor issues im trying to address. 1. The drivers window wont go down, I hear the relay under the dash click but nothing in the door 2.The temperature gauge never leaves a little above cold, I figure this might be the gauge sensor since if...
Back