Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

My new (old) 2004 XLT won't start.

Frigid weather and a family issue have kept me from checking the suggestion re mileage or dashes showing in display. Mileage is what is showing. Can the programming of 2 new unique keys be done by a locksmith or a hardware store that programs new keys? Does the vehicle need to be there...
  2. J

Forgot to mention that security lite on top of dash blinks fast when key in on(3) position.
  3. J

Finally got fob to program but still nothing - no crank/no start. Jumped starter solenoid and starter cranks engine but no ignition. Checked fuses and relays - all good. I'm lost. Don't know what else to try??
  4. J

Well I replaced battery in fob but still wouldn't program. Wouldn't do anything - no dash, no locks, nothing. Went parts store where they checked it and said it was transmitting. Went to locksmith shop and he said it was transmitting. He said it could be chip in the key but that it was very...
  5. J

I only did one key as my second needs a new battery The manual does say to follow the same procedure to program a second key but the way the instruction is worded doesn't really indicate that you MUST or HAVE TO program a second key. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanx a whole bunch.
  6. J

Its the "no crank/no start" situation. Starter solenoid clicks. Anti-theft light blinks fast. Does that give a clue? I programed the key(transmitter) per the owners manual and that seemed to go as described but still nothing???
  7. J

Newbie needs advice.

Will try that tomorrow. Thanx a bunch.
  8. J

Newbie needs advice.

Thanx but it won't crank at all. I've been told it may have something to do with the PATS system but I have no idea how to diagnose, or better yet, fix the dang thing. Somebody told me to detach both pos and neg battery cables for 48 hrs. but this doesn't seem to make sense. Before the old...
  9. J

Newbie needs advice.

Hello everyone. Recently bought a 2004 Explorer XLT 4.0 to tow my SCCA ITA racecar. Weak battery died so I replaced battery but now won't start. Electrics (dash, windows, locks) work but no ignition. Code scan indicated key fob needed reprogramming. Did that, cleared code, but still no...
  10. J

HELP ! Won't start. 2004 XLT 4.0 battery died. Replaced battery but won't start. Electrics (dash, windows, locks) work but no ignition. Code scan indicated key fob needed reprogramming. Did that, cleared code, but still no ignition. Can hear starter solenoid and relays clicking but still...
Back