Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Sbs? Or more serious?

Hi guys, ok so i tend to listen to everything sometimes maybe too much to my engine. Im familiar with fords no doubt, not necessarily this sohc. Any case i baby my trucks, tonight i was in a situation i had to literally haul ass now i have this sound. Im not sure if its the cam or tensioner...
  2. 0

ashtray for explorer

Hey guys, i really appreciate all the feedback and info everyone contributes. Im not new to fords or ford trucks necessarily, but i am when it comes to the 99 explorer sport i bought last nov. Firstly its a/t, second everything is power...i am so not complaining..just different. I bought it at...
  3. 0

ashtray for explorer

I i just thought it was odd it came with lighter and no ashtray. I dont smoke in truck very often at all..but if i do id rather not throw it out window.
  4. 0

ashtray for explorer

Im wondering the same thing i bought a 99 2dr sport..came with lighter in dash..no ashtray..got 2 cup and a place next to both for a bic. So i bought a used console piece from another explorer with 2 cup and ashtray..didnt come with metal insert..haha. So didnt bother swapping yet. Yeah i smoke...
  5. 0

99 explorer sport Front upper control arms

Ok so hypothetically if i were to cut that bolt out can i get the new one to slide in or is it gonna give me grief like it is coming out too? I intended on replacing bolts also just wondering
  6. 0

I have lots of patience with it..just when you tried all angles to no avail im open to suggestions
  7. 0

Yeah that was the ***** giving me problem didnt think to cut it..i will try that.
  8. 0

Thank you guys for all your input..i thought i could get that bolt..unfortunately i ran time to short and needed truck so threw it together with existing part. It handles fine no problems but hate the worry definitely getting it done this wknd. I drive alot of hwy mi
  9. 0

Ive been trying guys i cant get that bolt to clear shock tower on the right side left comes right out. Been trying to manipulate it and caress it out. Thinking just put it back as is
  10. 0

Hi guys..ok so ive found myself in a bit of a fix. I bought 2 new front uca's for my little sport i bought a month ago. The existing bushings were literally gone. Ok seemed simple enough, the pss side right side bolt on arm didnt wanna budge so i said ok threw it back together as is. Proceed to...
  11. 0

99 sport and lucas

Awesome ill keep and ear out. Thank you again for your help.
  12. 0

99 sport and lucas

Yeah, sorry meant all hoses and belt are good
  13. 0

99 sport and lucas

Thank you so much..i appreciate your input. Its an sohc and im not sure what weight oil its running on. When i bought it a month ago it already had a fresh oil change didnt think at time to ask. It has all new belts it may not be anything. I only heard it 2 times so far and each idled out after...
  14. 0

99 sport and lucas

Hi guys. Ok i bought a 99 explorer sport 4.0 2wd 2dr 153k about a month ago. Its been very well maintained no major mech issues no leaks, sounds, hesitation etc. I always let it fully warm up before throwing in gear and going. a week ago while it was still not quite up to temp yet i could hear...
Back