Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Cargo area tie downs

My '13 PIU had to go to the dealer for another recall. The dealer gave me a '19 XLT as a loaner. I noticed it had 4 tie downs in floor of the cargo area. One near either wheel well and 2 in the back by the hatch. My PIU doesn't have any. Does anyone know the part number for them? I also...
  2. L

Pictures of heated seat switchs

I put in a set of heated seats in my '13 PIU, but I'm not sure where to put the switchs. Anyone who has put in heated seats, can you post a picture of where you mounted the switchs. I have the civilian center console with the gear selector. But I also have the detective one that I'm not using...
  3. L

'13 PIU TPMS questions

I just got a set of OEM rims from Limited Explorer that I'm going to use for the non winter months. They didn't come with the TPMS's. Does anyone have the correct part number for the TPMS's? And do they need to be caloberated to my PIU so I don't get an error code? Or does the Explorer self...
  4. L

Round antena on roof

There is this round hockey puck looking antenna on the roof of my '13 PIU. Im pretty sure it is the cause of my water leak in the rear of the Explorer. Does anyone know how to remove it? I want to seal it better to stop the leak. It turns fairly easily and I can get under it. But I can't get it...
  5. L

XLT seats into '13 PIU

Does anyone know if the wire harness for the front seats of a '13 PIU are compatible with the wire harness of a '11-'12 Xlt? The XLT seats have heating and cooling options. Thanks ! I put this question in the PIU section but it doesn't seem to get as much attention over there.
  6. L

2013 seats question...need help

I've found a set of seats in at a JY that are from a '13 Explorer. The seats are leather with the heating and cooling option.the seats are complete EXCEPT for a small "panel or piece" behind the controls for the seat. On the passenger side it is behind the lever to recline the seat. Drivers it...
  7. L

2013 PIU questions

Hello..I just picked up a '13 PIU with very low miles. It was used by my local PD. I've been reading a lot of threads on here but I still have some questions. I'm sure I'll have more as I read more threads. Mine doesn't have keyless entry and remote start. Did they all come with keyless entry...
Back