Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Check engine light flashes when coasting downhill.

I have a 2013 PIU, I replaced the trans last summer and have had a problem when drive higher speeds. If I am going 75-80 and the road start heading down hill. If I let off the gas completely to not accelerate any more, The check engine light will start flashing and when I step on the gas, the...
  2. N

Horn location

There's a gray/purple wire loop that runs down the left side of the radio. It works with the police equipment that is normally taken out before sold off. When they pull the equipment out, they cut the wires. Just connect the 2 wires together and your radio should work fine.
  3. N

Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

Thanks, I found the bolts and was working on second bolt when I got your message. Went in great and now looking for the next project to add to the upgrade list. Thinking, adding third row seating.
  4. N

Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

I got ready to install my XLT console in my '13 PIU and ran across a metal frame piece under the radio. It holds the front panel that has the 2 power points on it. Do I need to cut the bracket off or can it be removed an other way?
  5. N

2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings

Yesterday I tried to change the "13. Enable Aux Without Sync & Sirius" and "15. Compass Display", but both lines gave me a warning about the checksum being incorrect. Forscan asked to "continue anyway?", so I chose NO. Do I go ahead and hit yes or do I need to change the values some other way?
  6. N

I think I killed my PIU

Thank You kobresia, the ignition switch fuse was blown. Replaced the fuse and the car started. I now have the ABS lights on and the display says that the Traction control is off. FOScan says lost communication with braking module. I have a busy morning but should be able to look deeper...
  7. N

I think I killed my PIU

UPDATE: I believe I stuck the probe in pin 33 of C2280B, but I can't be positive. Hooked up FORScan and got errors in PCM, GFM, OCS, ABS, RCM, and PSCM, but unable to read DTC. The BCM and IPC don't have any errors. While I had FORScan hooked up, I was able to enable Remote Keyless entry, but...
  8. N

I think I killed my PIU

In the process of trying to get the horn working, I shorted something and now the car wont do anything, almost. I thought I was about to make the horn sound, but instead I got a spark and the wire was welded to the frame. followed by everything going off and no activity when i turn the key to...
  9. N

Push Button Starts

The kit says it for a 13 explorer, just wondering if it will work in a PI Utility. I'm thinking I will need a hood switch either way. Since I haven't seen it on anyone's list of mods, I'm guessing it's not a common mod. Thanks Peter for the link
  10. N

Push Button Starts

Has anyone replaced the key switch with a push button start? I was looking on ebay last night, and I found a pair of remote/keys for $40 and the push button kit, with remotes, for $50. I was just thinking for $10, I could get the upgrade for my 13 PIU. I haven't found any thing in the PUI...
  11. N

2013 PIU - Undoing Rear Door Handle Disable & Install Rear Lock Rods

That's just what I was needing. Thanks My local dealer says that they are out and cant get any in for like a month
  12. N

2013 PIU - Undoing Rear Door Handle Disable & Install Rear Lock Rods

Does anyone have the part number for the rod?
  13. N

Rear Door Speaker Holes

Thanks for the idea, Fedon. Just finished connecting the door latch cable and drilled for sound in one shot.
  14. N

Larger tires

Similar subject: My PIU came with a spare wheel but no tire. I know for convenience I should get the same size, Do I need to get the PIU standard or can I just get a cheaper tire, since it will probably be sitting in the car and never used?
Back