Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

"Best" tires for an Explorer Interceptor?

I just switched off of those. I travel 120 miles round trip daily. The RS-A not good for that unless you don't mind replacing every 30k. My dealership recommended the Eagle Sports and they are really sweet. Quiet as well and grippy AF. Mine are 20". They are 50k tires, realistically get like 45k...
  2. J

"Best" tires for an Explorer Interceptor?

I just got Eagle Sports. They are quite nice.
  3. J

PIU Exhaust painting

I painted mine with flat black exhaust paint. Looks great.
  4. J

Aftermarket headunit with metra/maestro install

Hi there. I am reviving this thread! I have a 2016 Ford PIU. Will this Maestro kit work with my base radio? Every time I mentioned that it is a 2016, I get stink faces from techs or installers. Here is my dash and wheel.... 20180329_192526631_iOS.jpg Thanks! -Jeff
  5. J

2016 PIU has no Bluetooth capability

Currently, my PIU has the base six speaker stereo with no sink. I want to connect my phone via Bluetooth which is obviously not possible with this system. Can someone suggest an after market system or Add-on? Thanks.
  6. J

2016 PIU dealer programming??

My 16 piu has a stereo where the sound mutes when you push the Phone button. How the heck can i get the Bluetooth option working? Media button is also disabled. Thanks!
  7. J

2016 PIU dealer programming??

New Wait, what kind of Bluetooth adapter did you install? I have a 16 PIU with no Bluetooth!! Thanks!
  8. J

The 3.7 vs the Turbo 3.5

That would be great! I have a 16 PIU with the 3.7
  9. J

2016 base explorer aftermarket dash kit

This helps me out a bit too. I am looking to do exactly the same. I have a 2016 Police Interceptor Utility which is basically a "BASE Model" in regards to the audio system.
  10. J

2016 PIU with no SYNC upgrade installed

I appreciate the info. I’m thinking the same thing. I have also heard that it revolves around Microsoft license agreement with the deployed VIN and/or serial#. I’ll see what the dealer says.
  11. J

Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread

Every 16,17 & 18 has it. You need to by the proper FOBs (on ebay or Ford dealer) and have the alpha numeric key inside each transmitter, programmed using Ford IDS with VCN II device. I did it with my 2016. Fortunately, i have a buddy that’s a dealer tech with his own rquipment to program. Many...
  12. J

Thanks Peter. I stand corrected and made the edit. I meant “cannot”.
  13. J

So, I purchased my 2016 PIU under false pretenses that it had the SYNC system pre-installed from the factory (It was in the vehicle's description). Since I went in green on the purchases in regards to the ACM options, I took their word for it. So, long story sort, no phone Bluetooth ability, bla...
  14. J

Police Interceptor Utility Explorer Owners

Same here. I bought one two weeks ago. There are so many things on the 2016 and up that can not be set with Forscan, IDS only with a VCM II device. MY PIU came with standard ACM and I am destined to get a SYNC unit/upgrade/module or whatever it takes, installed and functioning.
Back