Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Exhaust Modification! Help!

Ive been doing a lot of thinking about what I want to do to my X. Do you think it would be too loud if I removed the secondary cats and ran into a dual in dual out flowmaster original 40 into a Y pipe into the stock tail pipe? Seems really quick and easy to do
  2. T

thanks, pobably what im going to do, but with a Y into a single in/out so i can use a louder muffler
  3. T

Thanks for the help, one last question... if I wanted to run a single 2.5 inch out the back with a flowmaster super 40 series single in/out, would I still get a nice sound that is noticeable... also would a Y pipe between the cats and muffler disturb airflow or decrease sound... Thanks, Tim
  4. T

also, do you think that with all the cats and a flowmaster 40 series delta flow, it will still have that chambered sound, just quieter?
  5. T

Yeah, ive put about 8k on it in 6-7 months or so. So do you think it will pass emissions with the secondary cats removed
  6. T

My car was daily driven from 99 to 05. In 05 my granddad took it to Florida as his vacation car. It sat in a garage 9 months out of the year and was daily driven the other 3 from 05 to 17. When we brought it back up, it failed the first emissions test, but after a few hours of driving it passed...
  7. T

Right now I have a really bad exhaust leak from the muffler. Im 17 and still want it to pass emissions, but if im gonna buy a new muffler and tail pipe, i wanna do it right the first time
  8. T

Would it be and issue to run dual 2.5 inch exhaust out of a dual in/out muffler with the cats, then later if i want, remove the secondary cats and just put a pipe to connect the front cats to the muffler?
  9. T

Do you think removing the secondary cats it will still pass inspection that way ( just rule out the sound )
  10. T

So would you recommend a dual inlet/outlet muffler or two separate mufflers. Also, do you have any idea about muffler silencers. In my neighborhood we have really strict noise complaint people and regulations. I really don't care about the "laws", i just have a few neighbors I like. Any idea on...
  11. T

January 2018 EF Lottery

Last year I got my first car for Christmas.. a 1999 X Limited AWD 5.0L 302. Beautiful car with only 77k on it, from Florida, and has been in a garage all its life... so far I have put E3 plus, Taylor High performance wires, K&N air intake, and a throttle cable mod to it. Well this year I finally...
  12. T

Hi, Im new to the site and I have a 99 X Limited AWD with the 5.0L 302 V8. Ive been looking around and cannot seem to find an answer. I would like to keep all the cats and make a custom cat-back exhaust. From the cats is a dual 2.5" exhaust, and I was wondering what mufflers you guys would...
Back