Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Engine Rattle On Start Up

My 2014 Sport (73,000 Miles) has a rattle when you first start it after sitting for more than a few hours. It’s worse overnight and when cold. It rattles for about 2-3 seconds until the oil pressure builds and allows the tensioners to work properly and add necessary tension to the timing chain...
  2. B

Review: Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires

replaced my OEM hankooks with these tires about two weeks ago. I'm very happy with my purchase and recommend them to anyone wanting better wet traction. It's not even close between the two. This is the single biggest difference I have experienced between the two tires. In all other areas...
  3. B

Anyone have their Rear Suspension Toe links replaced under recall yet?

I was notified in May of this recall bit so far I don't think parts have been available. From memory, this applies to about 75,000 2013-14 ford Explorers. Just wondering if they are finally starting to get parts in at the dealerships.
  4. B

Anyone else have problems with their second row inflatable seat belts?

My ex sport has about 36,000 miles on it. I've owned it for 2 years since new. So far, we've had to replace both outbound inflatable belts due to them sticking and not being able to pill or extend them to put them on. To top things off, a black plastic cover broke off of the driver side belt...
  5. B

Snow mode = built in ECO mode?

Just a thought but when I was tooling around in the snow I couldn't help by notice how the throttle tip in was less aggressive/responsive and how much the transmission shirt shifted into the next highest gear. I've driven other cars that had an Eco mode, and this is exactly how they behaved...
  6. B

Acura MDX v. Ford Explorer Sport v. Dodge Durango

We heavily considered the a Acura and dodge Durango before buying our ex sport. We liked the ex sport best overall followed closely by the Durango and a distant third was the Acura. Some thoughts: -interior. Felt for the price the Acura was no nicer inside than the ex or Durango. The new...
  7. B

Is this a good deal for a new '14 Ford Explorer Sport?

I've negotiated the price to about $3500 under sticker. This contemplates the $2000 rebate and the dealer knocking $1500 off the sticker. What do you guys think about this offer? It seems OK but not "lights out." No trade in so just a straight-up negotiated price on the new Explorer Sport...
  8. B

Thinking about getting a 2015 Ford Explorer Sport

We've narrowed down our pilot replacement choices to a 2015 Ford Explorer Sport or a 2014/15 Dodge Durango R/T. I've scoured this forum and the web for recurring issues for the 13-14 Ford Explorer Sport and came up with few. Sounds like there was a problem with water ingestion from the inter...
  9. B

Looking forward to test driving the new Explorer

I own a 2004 honda Pilot EX-l and am replacing it sometime over the next 60 days. My wife and I love the pilot and were ready to pull the trigger on the new pilot until we went and checked it out. They dumbed down the steering and overall the truck is fine but not remarkable and not nearly...
Back