Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

How to: 1.5" body lift for less than $50

Lol I'm not trying to argue and I'm sure their fine. Just pointing out that a Metric grade 8.8 is not a grade 8. Actually a grade 10.9 is a grade 8 lol Its hard to explain. Lemme see if I can find and attach a chart or somthing.
  2. M

Long term lift experience?

No, I like the looks of brush gaurds but the really don't serve a purpose that I need. We camp for extended periods and carry alot of gear so weight is a major factor for us to consider. I'm in the process of installing a double deep cycle battery setup to run a fridge and water tanks underneath...
  3. M

Also on the plus side, our Advactrac system acts like a locker. Sort of. It's not the same obviously, but when one wheel leaves the ground, it applies the brake to that wheel and redirects power to the other side so you don't get the open diff spin. At least I think that's how it works. Either...
  4. M

Nothing crazy, like I said it's only been a few weeks. I took it up in the woods and found some **** to go over to get a few wheels off the ground here and there. Didn't take pics though. These things arnt exactly famous for their flexing abilities but I was happy with the amount of travel. It's...
  5. M

There you go. The last pic (the one where the truck has no lightbars) is before the suspension lift. Just posted to show the wheel offset
  6. M

I ended I ended up going with: *1.5in Body lift following the write up in here *2.5in front and 1.75in rear eBay special strut spacers on new moogs *BTF extended uniball UCAs. *265/75r16 Cooper discoverer STT PROS *Pro comp 69 16x8 -12mm wheels So far I'm extremely happy. It sits exactly how I...
  7. M

Disable TPMS?

I think it's a fairly useful feature. Let's be honest, none of us do a walk around like we should before driving off. I don't think it should be MANDATED but I'm sure it's saved alot of lives. I paid to have new sensors installed when I upgraded wheels. It's well worth it, especially on a lifted...
  8. M

Roof basket

I used the arsken roof basket with extension. It was only like $140. Got it off Amazon last year and have had at least a few hundred lbs (And a canoe) strapped to it. no issues yet, its held up great. Really easy install, took about an hour all in all...
  9. M

3rd gen lift help please

There's a body lift thread on here that was pretty helpful. 1.5in for less than $50. I just finished mine today and it was fairly painless (quick tip: if you work front to back in pairs, instead of one side then the other, you don't have to disconnect steering column). I ordered supreme...
  10. M

For Sale 2002 lightly modified explorer

Where are you and how much do you want?
  11. M

3rd gen overlander. Storage help???

That would make a good little storage area for recovery gear. Lol you never realize how important storage is until you run out of it
  12. M

I have thought of that, but it's a last resort. I don't think we could get to some of the spots we camp with a trailer. The going is pretty rough and our 3rd gens arnt exactly trail hogs. Realistically I should have started with a bigger vehicle, but I have so much money in this one I don't want...
  13. M

Yeah that won't work for me because I need my hitch for the cargo carrier. Might be able to change that a bit, and weld it directly to the bumper though. Il have to try to see one in person. The other option would be to use it on the front hitch, but idk if that would block to much airflow. What...
  14. M

We do run a large roof bag on top for all the lightweight bulky stuff. I like the spare tire area idea! I can mount the spare somewhere else and rig a drop down storage container on the cable in the spare wheel area. Thatd be really cool, and would act as a hidden compartment as well...
  15. M

So my wife and I, along with our 4 kids, do a ton of camping. This has prompted me to turn the family grocery getter (2005 4.6L awd mounty w/ 105k miles) into something of an overlander. I'm set on the mechanical side of things. 2.5in btf lift with a 1.5 BL. Btf upper control arms, moog struts...
  16. M

How to: 1.5" body lift for less than $50

Those aren't grade 8 bolts. Those are 8.8 metric which is more like a grade 5. Metric 10.9 (grade 8) are impossible to find in those lengths. Think grade 5s are ok?
  17. M

Disable TPMS?

Nah man, it usually works just fine as long as the system isn't too sophisticated. The "Tpms pipe bomb"
  18. M

Im currently working on 2005 4.6L mounty. She's getting: 2.5in/2in Btf suspension lift 1.5 BL Btf upper control arms Rough terrain lower BJ C.v axles, tie rod ends and front hubs 265/75 Cooper stt pros on 16x8s 0 offset New monroe struts all the way around Flowmaster super 44 Brush gaurd...
  19. M

Disable TPMS?

I know this is a year old, but you can put all your sensors in a sealed pvc pipe, attach a valve stem, pressurize the pipe to 35lbs, and throw it in your trunk. Some newer sensors need to sense motion to activate so this may or may not work, but I have done it with success
  20. M

New member...kind of

Been stealing information off this site for years, figured I should finally join it lol currently working on 2005 4.6L mounty. She's getting: 3in/2.5in Btf suspension lift Btf upper control arms Rough terrain lower BJ C.v axles, tie rod ends and front hubs 265/75 Cooper stt pros on 16x8s 0...
Back