Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2005 Ford Sport Trac instrument Cluster

I have been having the Oh So Typical Sport Trac Instrument Cluster issue. I can beat on it and get it to come on, usually its not that much of an issue, my only concern at the moment is that the alternator will not charge the battery while the cluster is shut down. Is there a bypass, or way to...
  2. T

2005 Sport Trac No Start- GOOD SPARK, GOOD FUEL?????

So I woke up this morning, and it fired right up. No issue whatsoever. It ran for about 45 minutes, I dropped the kids at the bus, went into town, filled up 5 5gallon gas cans, came home and filled up the truck(I was apprehensive of shutting her off at the gas station and not being able to get...
  3. T

All right, gave it one more go before bed. Its weird. It just cranks and cranks, but if I stop, then start back up, almost a little too fast to where there is a chance of messing up the starter but not quite, it fires. Doesn't start, but does fire. Ill be turning the key for about 10 seconds...
  4. T

I got her to start! ran fine about 5 minutes before I shut her off, then started her back up AND nothing. what am I doing wrong?? I kept trying to crank her over and nothing, I have her charging again right now and will check it in the morning. Until then, hopefully someone sees this and has an...
  5. T

So I tried to start her back up, turned over for about 45 seconds with my foot to the floor and it started to fire, then died out. At this point the battery was too low and now I have to wait for it to charge up.... what the h3ll
  6. T

I turned it over a few times and tested all the spark plugs. (With the jumper cable as suggested) Fuel came out of the spark plug holes, all of the spark plugs work properly. So I am thinking it must have been flooded somehow. Battery is charging right now, gonna go back out in a few to put back...
  7. T

That is what I am saying!! It doesn't make any sense, however having these spark plugs out and cleaning them can't hurt. I think. lol.
  8. T

Tried starter fluid no go. I removed a plug and it was wet about 1/8" up the thread. Guessing she somehow flooded. FML. Going to take the rest out and clean them with a wire brush.
  9. T

Well I lied, I still have spark I was just unable to see it with the way the light is. I held onto the wire and shocked myself good so I know there is spark. Could it be the plugs themselves? I don't see how, but then again I don't see any other explanation. I am trying to find the right size...
  10. T

I want to break something. I went back outside, and I am unable to get spark now. But I can guarantee yesterday I had spark. I saw it with my own eyes, and shocked the beejesus out of my arm. But nothing. what next?
  11. T

Inertia switch/fuel shut off switch are the same thing. Thank you though for the idea. Just need the right one now!! lol
  12. T

I have a 2005 Sport Trac. Never had any issues with it. Went into the ditch yesterday, got pulled out, no start. Got towed home and started looking into it. Seemed to be my Inertia Switch, under the passenger side dash. Truck started right up, no issues. Drove it around last night, everything...
Back