Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

LED Backup Lights

I don't unfortunately. If I have time maybe I'll put the stock back in and get some pictures. I went from stock which was ok at best, to Phillips LED which was useless for backing up but crisper flashing, to these which are actually usable. If I was forced to be critical they project a little...
  2. D

LED Backup Lights

I went with the nuclear option and installed some VLED V6 Tritons. They actually put out some decent light and make the taillight flasher much more effective.
  3. D

"Best" tires for an Explorer Interceptor?

Not yet but from my inside info think of it as a Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady on steroids. It will be a winter focused all season. It should crush the RS-A in pretty much every metric. It should hopefully be the go to tire for departments that need better snow traction and don't use snow...
  4. D

Spotlight question...

I think that's how they all look, and why the install on the PIU is harder. Google for a sticker patch. They make them in black or white if I remember. Nenno-products might be one of them after a quick search.
  5. D

16/17 PI Utility DRL Lamp Housing Discoloration

Mine looked very similar to Sgt's post in the beginning with the lights on. Mine was some kind of grunge buildup that slowly dissolved with the methanol. It does seem like any normal condensation in the housing pooled the grunge and made the lines and spots. After cleaning my "bad" housing I can...
  6. D

So to update this I ended up cleaning the inside of the housing with pure methanol, Similar to this post Clean INSIDE of headlights!? It can be done! - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource Seems to have done a pretty good job. It's unfortunate we have to take off the front...
  7. D

"Best" tires for an Explorer Interceptor?

For personal use I will be in the General GMaxAS-05. Frankly unless you need the "pursuit rated" RS-A or Firehawk for departmental use, this tire will run circles around them in every metric.
  8. D

Round antena on roof

Its probably locked from the bottom. I imagine if you remove the headliner you'll see the lock/ be able to confirm the leak.
  9. D

Has there been any update on this? I have a 16 with no DRL and my right side is affected but not my left.
  10. D

Police idle on a 2016 PIU?

Hey guys, From what I gather Police idle was only an option on 2017 PIUs. I'd like it on my 2016 if possible. Is there a way to add the button cluster and enable it with FORScan or some other method? Thanks in advance.
Back