Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

M5OD-R1 Trouble after total rebuild

Need advice if anyone knows what might be the issue!?! Just completely rebuilt my M5 5-speed manual transmission in my 96 2nd Gen Explorer Sport. The input shaft bearing disintegrated due to lack of oil to the bearing. Replaced input shaft, all bearings and seals but the sycros were in excellent...
  2. W

M5OD-R1 Gearbox issues - NEED HELP!!! (p.s. Happy New Year)

Just pulled out my M5OD-R1 5-speed gearbox from my 1996 2-Door Sport. Discovered the input shaft bearing failed. Completely fell apart. My question is - Is there a way to pull the inner input shaft bearing and race off without completely removing the entire "main shaft" out of the gear box. This...
  3. W

M5OD Clutch Release Bearing Replacement Hint...

I just learned something about the hydraulic clutch system on my 96 Sport 5 speed manual and thought I would share it with everyone else. I'm sure there are those of you out there that already know this but if you run into the same situation I did this will help. A little over 3 years ago I...
  4. W

Explorer Sport 4.0 to 5.0 Swap

I realize this topic has been covered quite extensively but there is so much info out there I'm not sure what to believe or trust as fact. This is what I "think" I know about doing this conversion. (Please don't post that this swap isn't worth the time or the trouble because I really don't want...
Back