Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

3.5na to 3.7 piu true dual exhaust writeup

This swap began because my factory mufflers were in rough shape. The metal must be very thin on these as they were literally splitting at all the seams. Even found they were rotting through on the top side... especially the passenger one as you can see in my picture. I used some muffler putty...
  2. D

alternator issues

The alternator on my Explorer has been making a whining noise for over a month now (sometimes louder than others), but I keep getting told its working fine. This was by two different mechanics. When I hook my voltage tester up with its usually in the low-mid 13 volts which I know is low, but at...
  3. D

Exhaust question for the 3.7 PIU guys

I have a question regarding the true dual exhaust on the 3.7 PIU's. I am curious to know if any of you who have removed the resonator know what it looks like inside. I'm wondering if it has a crossover setup inside or do both side just go straight through parallel perforated cores or is is just...
  4. D

Solved Stock air cleaner mod

There was previously a thread on here regarding this cold air mod for the stock air cleaner which can be seen here https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/air-intake-mod-increases-fuel-mileage-and-performance.492896/ Not sure how many people have done this besides this person, but I've...
  5. D

random stumble while driving

Past few weeks maybe even going on a month now I've been having an issue with my '15 XLT to where once every so often it will stumble and feel almost like its going to stall and its only happened during deceleration or idle. Nothing came up on my scanner. Its very basic so it doesn't do tests or...
  6. D

foam engine cover

I had a bit of an oopsie when I did the oil change on my '15 xlt. When I was refilling the oil I accidentally knocked the funnel and dumped some oil on the foam engine cover. I tried soaking it up with some shop rags, but still did not get it all out and can still smell the oil burning when the...
  7. D

Moog Control Arms

I will need to replace the driver's side lower control arm soon on my '15 xlt as the large bushing is looking a little ratty. Not making any noise yet, but I'm not liking how that one bushing looks. Passenger side still looks good, but I'd rather replace as a pair. How are the moog arms compared...
  8. D

Muffler Seams Splitting

Both my factory mufflers are splitting at the seems on my xlt. Seems to be a common issue from people I've spoken with. The driver side went first, now the passenger side is getting just as bad. I filled in over the seams on both with muffler paste and after it was dried and fully cured I put...
  9. D

Changing PCV Valve

Anybody have experience changing the PCV valve on one of these? I am wanting to change mine on my n/a 3.5 xlt just as maintenance and I know the valve is located towards the passenger side by the firewall, but I can't seem to see it back there or get my hand in there to feel for it
  10. D

door weather strip

The weather strip on the leading edge of the back door is ripping on both driver and passenger side. Anyone know where I can find a cheaper replacement? I just can't justify spending $40 a piece on these at the Ford dealer.
  11. D

Power steering

My ‘15 xlt is giving me issues with the power steering. The other day going into work the power steering assist felt very weak. It wasn’t gone but the steering required more effort than usual. On top of that there are no lights on. I remembered reading in the past to restart and the power...
  12. D

Seafoaming intake

I want to do an intake cleaning with seafoam on my 3.5 n/a explorer and want to know which vacuum line you guys put it in. Usually I would use the brake booster hose, but I can’t seem to get my hand in there
  13. D

CD player issues

I have to replace the CD player in my ‘15 xlt because all it’s doing it giving me a disc read error no matter what cd I put in. I refuse to spend $1000-something at the dealer for a new one. I’ve never had a CD player go bad on me before other than a discs getting stuck in my wife’s old focus...
  14. D

Led headlights

Wanted to share here. Did my first mod on the ‘15 xlt. Being compared to the factory lights on my old ‘07 Limited & the halogen projectors on my ‘12 fusion the lighting output was weak and I needed to upgrade. I have done a number of hid swaps, however the first one I did with plastic ballasts...
  15. D

Sealight led kit?

I am looking for better light output on my 15 explorer. The light output even with the fogs on leaves a bit to be desired. Even my ‘12 fusion with halogen projectors seems to have better light output. I have done a number of HID conversions over the years with eBay kits. Most all have gone...
  16. D

If your having trans issues...

Just wanted to put this out there as it may be helpful to some with our year explorers. I’ve had an ongoing issue with mine since July to where the transmission would occasionally slip or wouldn’t shift properly, but would happen sporadically. Having it up for sale I’ve been questioned about...
  17. D

Speaker suggestions?

Hello all. Recently picked up a ‘15 xlt with the 9 speaker system. Soundwise it leaves a bit to be desired compared to the Sony factory stereo in my ‘12 Fusion and the audiophile in my ‘07 Explorer. I’m looking for your guys recommendations on speakers. Nothing showstopping, just something...
  18. D

For Sale 2007 Ford Explorer Limited *SOLD*

*READ IN FULL* 2007 Ford Explorer Limited Dark cherry metallic, camel interior. 220,000 well maintained. Fully loaded Features: 4.0 v6 engine Leather seats with power fold 3rd row Power seats w/memory & heat Power adjustable pedals w/memory Navigation mp3 6-disk cd changer in dash w/ premium...
  19. D

My new Explorer

Picked up this white platinum beauty. 2015 xlt with 151,000 miles. Has the touchscreen (no nav), leather seats & panoramic sunroof. The water pump had a very slight leak when I had it checked out prior to purchasing (was told only started recently), but was told other then that it was very...
  20. D

2007 Explorer

Not sure if allowed or not, but I was wondering if someone would be willing to post my explorer for sale on my behalf in the classified section. I just can’t see spending the $20 to become an elite member right now. Contact me I’ll send you the info & photos
  21. D

5th gen explorers

Hello, some of you may or may not know me as I mainly hung around the 2006-2010 section, but I am unfortunately having to move on from my 2007 Explorer Limited. With that said I do have an oppertunity to purchase a 2012 Explorer xlt at a great price. It’s just a basic almost bare bones one...
  22. D

Mountaineer 4.6

Good to see we’re back. Ive been looking at a mountaineer with the 4.6 to replace my explorer which only has 60,000 miles on it. I know the 4.6 has an issue with the spark plugs breaking and being this low miles I’m betting they are still the originals. How much did that cost to fix? Also are...
  23. D

Transmission issues again

I had my transmission rebuilt at a local shop back in the fall. Now 10 months and 9,000 miles later I am having trouble shifting in and out of 3rd gear which came about out of the blue. I am still under warranty, however the shop I had it done at is in the process of finishing up some jobs they...
  24. D

Navigation

I have an ‘07 Limited with factory navigation, however my navigation stopped working. When I click on it I get a nav disc read error message on my screen and asks if I want to eject it. To further the problem if I do try to eject it the bottom of the screen pops out a little then goes back in...
  25. D

Rear glass hinge

The driver side rear glass hinge cracked on me. I managed to get the glass closed and seems to be secure, however none of the local dealers have the hinge in stock and wouldnt have the part in until early next week. The passenger side hinge is good, but was wondering if I am still ok to drive it...
Back