Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Highway Fuel Economy worse than City?

This seems fairly obvious to me - why is there this much discussion? Unless something has changed, the EPA does it mileage tests at 55mph. So in order to show their best gas mileage, the car companies are going to tune their engines for peak effeciency at highways speeds of 55mph. The fast...
  2. D

Highway Fuel Economy worse than City?

Optimistic? You're being kind. lol - I choose to the use phrase complete fabrication. My Focus is off somewhere between 5-10%, and it's NEVER in the direction where I leave the station thinking, boy, Ford really understated their fuel economy.
  3. D

3.0 V6 Ranger RPM

Hi Susan, welcome to the forums!
  4. D

Heater blowing out top vents

lol - I'm so glad we're done with that. I like being able to set the temp and not touch it for hours. :)
  5. D

Crap - I had to do a meme search for that one. Yikes!!
  6. D

Towing a vehicle - 2015 with factory class III Hitch

This is a whole new frightening world. I know my dad didn't do any of this towing boats around lol
  7. D

I just got a call from my Ford dealer - they are saying the system is functioning normally. When Auto is selected, heat will only come through the defrost vents - those aiming at the windows and onto the windshield. if you want heat to come through the dashboard vents, you have to do that...
  8. D

That makes a lot of sense, traveler, about the brake controller. I wondered how that worked. Regarding the weight - I expect to be at the 5000lb threshold. I won't be bringing extra tires or too many tools to the track as I am not a "racer" - just an HPDE guy who isn't real comfortable...
  9. D

Hello all, I recently added a 2015 Explorer with Factory Class III hitch and have questions about towing a vehicle. I have delusions of driving a Focus on a race track (actually, I've done it several times) and would like the option of towing the Focus there, rather than driving. As I see it...
  10. D

Welcome Dave, glad to have you here!
  11. D

2016 Explorer towing review

Got it, thanks. I clearly have a lot of research to do on this trailering thing. The track is 90 miles from my house on fairly easy roads (love Central VA!) but want to do it properly and safely.
  12. D

2016 Explorer towing review

I would love some more information on this. i just purchased a '15 XLT FWD with Class III Tow Hitch (Factory) and would like to be able to pull my '12 Ford Focus to the race track. I figured a dolly would work. Can you talk to me about the brake controller? What does that do? What...
  13. D

In service date ended in January, sadly, but the dealer offers a 60 day 2k mile additional warranty. I'll have them look at this. It seems that those center vents only blow hot when Auto is off, and I manually select those vents to be on.
  14. D

Interesting to read this. I just bought my Explorer on Sunday and have been trying to figure out how to get through the vents in the dash. I have climate control, but when I go into the climate section in the touchscreen, as soon as I touch the vent selector, the climate control stops (the...
  15. D

New to me '15 XLT from VA

Thank you very much! Looking forward to being an active member. :)
  16. D

New to me '15 XLT from VA

Hi all, Just picked up a '15 XLT. Looking forward learning alot from the group. I bought this to improve my families ability to camp with just one car, and tailgate better at auto racing. No NASCAR here - road racing only for this guy.
Back