Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Od light flashing hard shifting and diesel noise

Greek doesn't have punctuation symbols either.
  2. B

Brake Grease or Anti-Seize

Yes, you are correct. I confused vehicles in my mind. Sorry for the misleading information.
  3. B

Brake Grease or Anti-Seize

Dont put anything on the pads. Do put anti-seize on the caliper bolt bodies. You want to avoid the problem of calipers sticking. More of an issue with the rears.
  4. B

If i'm doing my timing chain guides, what else should I do?

What engine? 1600cc Volkswagen? Are we supposed to read your mind?
  5. B

Three problems with my 2002 Explorer

(1) WD40/PB Blaster the lock mechanism on each door, liftgate, and liftgate glass. This is the easiest first step. (2) Get a code reader or have them read the codes at autozone. (3) if V8, and if the sound is like a diesel for a few seconds, then you may be looking at a timing chain &...
  6. B

2005 Lincoln Avatior Rear Issue

More fibre in his diet?
  7. B

Timing Chain Tensioners - Purchasing

I've used Cloyes. No problems. I see no reason to buy Motocraft. But given to labor, I would not put in ebay Chinese.
  8. B

Solved Odd A/C Problem ****SOLVED****

Just another wag: what if the condenser is partially plugged? The pressure would rise above the cutoff before adequate refrigerant had been cycled - essentially reducing the capacity of the system. I think the net result would be increased cycling. Like I said, just a wag as AC systems are not...
  9. B

Solved Odd A/C Problem ****SOLVED****

Too much oil? (Just a wag)
  10. B

Rear lower control arm outer bushing tolerance

Replace it. Autozone rents/provides the tool (giant C-clamp). Takes about 30 minutes.
  11. B

03 4.6 cracked block

Personally, the crack doesn't bother me as much as warp. I'm not sure what had to happen to get the crack ( serious overheating?), but I suspect that the deck is warped. Clean it an put a straight edge to it. Pretty hard to get a head gasket to hold on a warped block. You would probably be...
  12. B

180,000 and going strong!

Be aware that the oil gauge is a 5psi switch
  13. B

4.6L engine knock after new belt tensioner

The trick with the timing marks is to set them once and then believe they are good. Cause once you turn the motor they will never line up again. I know it sounds strange, but that is why I called it a "trick".
  14. B

So what did you discover?
  15. B

Pop the belt off. Start it and listen. Dont run it more than a couple minutes.
Back