Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Aftermarket wheels

I'm running 265/60/18 Hankook Dynapro ATMs on +10mm 18x8.5 Wheels. Definitely a more aggressive off road look, performed well so far for me. I've done an insane amount of research regarding all terrain tires for the Explorer and what are the best options, Max size you can go without a lift is...
  2. K

Larger Tires on OEM & Aftermarket Wheels

Yes, I don't have a lift. Really considering it though :P
  3. K

Larger Tires on OEM & Aftermarket Wheels

I ran 265/50/20 all terrains and it was the largest you can go without rubbing/cutting. That was on the 20" rims for a 2014.
  4. K

All Terrain / Off Road Tires

look for 255/60/18 or 265/60/18. Largest you can go without rubbing.
  5. K

All Terrain / Off Road Tires

I made the switch on my 14' XLT with 20" Rims to the 265/50/20 Terrain Contacts, had them for about 12k miles. Easily doable, compltely safe, slightly wider tire = slightly better rim protection with a slightly larger sidewall. I've moved to a different set of wheels and tires after 12k miles...
  6. K

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

Nope, you're right I just don't know how to navigate their website apparently. I went to this link Lift Kit - Ford - Explorer - Page 1 - Protune Suspension and it didn't show anything for 2011+ even tho it's for Explorers.. But yes, they're the same thing as every other lift for the 5th gen...
  7. K

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

There's nothing on their website for a lift for the 5th gen Explorers, Traxda is the most common, you can find lifts on eBay for right around $120 for the 5th gens.
  8. K

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

I'm using Chrome and it has a little blue/green icon with right next to it and I right click icon and it will open up the image.
  9. K

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

If you right click the icon and select " open image in new tab " it shows your picture. No problems for me.
  10. K

Adding Recovery Hooks on 5th Gen?

Were there mounting points or did it require drilling into the frame?
  11. K

I would like to, I don't know if anybody has done it previously or where to mount them personally.
  12. K

The front tow " Hook " ( the Eye Bolt ) is not a rated recovery point. I wouldn't feel comfortable trusting it being yanked to pull 6,000lbs+ out of mud.
  13. K

I've got a 4WD XLT that I go exploring with ( makes sense right?) Anyway, I was out exploring and found a little mud and well if you care to see the results here. I have the tow package and a hitch with a recovery hook, I was wondering however if anyone added a recovery point to the front...
Back