Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Towing with a 2004 V8. Am I doing this right?

Well, I guess I'll complete this thread with my experience. I really wanted the 12v charge line hooked up, so I took it to my mechanic.. They were able to tap into the connector I identified for the 12v and just used that blue line already running for the brakes. Guess Ford couldn't afford the...
  2. A

I purchased a Tekonsha P3 and the Ford wiring. Should be coming tomorrow. I traced the 4 pin connector back to where it is connected and only see a blue wire going out (and the standard other colors), no orange like I was hoping.. I pulled out the 4 pin at the hitch, cut and peeled back some of...
  3. A

I did some digging in the wiring section of the Chilton manual for my vehicle and found the connection point for the trailer wiring where the current 4-pin is going to. It is C405 and it looks like everything is already routed to that connection point (12V supply/brakes/reverse light) so that...
  4. A

Me and the wife found a used 2015 Jayco 154BH unit that we liked (with a solar panel!), with unloaded weight at 2500lb and GVWR at 3200lbs and went ahead with a sales contract on it! In the end we thought for the price/weight/features we got what we wanted and should be able to tow it without...
  5. A

Thanks again for all your replies, I have read and re-read carefully and will take all your advice. I looked into some youtube videos of what is involved with a trans-cooler.. Looks not too bad if you can keep track of what you took apart, but I'll probably just take it to a mechanic to be done...
  6. A

Yeah I have just the 4-pin connector now and was thinking electric brakes was mandatory because GCW > GVWR of the TV
  7. A

Thanks so much for the reply brakeman: Do you have any recommendations on an aux trans cooler or brand? Is that something that is fairly easy to install yourself (ie. I can change my oil, but don't have alot of know-how/tools, but can watch youtube) or is that something to take to a mechanic...
  8. A

Thanks for the response, I guess I was thinking the Class II would still be OK because 3500 is pretty much my max towing capacity in general and I believe that is the limit of the Class II weight class anyway. Have you heard of those failing before at less than 3500? I really want to keep my...
  9. A

I am interested in buying some sort of RV for my family and I, and I want to get the best bang for my buck, but I'm having a hard time figuring out if I'm calculating what I can tow correctly. I have a 2004 4.6L V8 4x4 with the 3.55 axle ratio, the owners manual says I have GCWR: 8000 GVWR...
Back