Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2.0 EB issues at WOT

I have a 2013 2.0 Eco boost. Our turbocharger crapped out about 2 years ago and we replaced it. If I mash on the gas peddle it has a little lag but then the turbocharger kicks in, the front end picks up some and can get squirrely so to say. Just thought I would give what our old 2013 does. I can...
  2. S

2.0 eco rattle

Sorry been away from forum for a bit. I got mine from Ford dealer.....was 800 after core turn in.
  3. S

2.0 eco rattle

Glad to hear you are getting it done.!! Hopefully the new turbo will last longer this go around! My explorer is going strong. It has the rattle for a split second now on start up but I would assume it because the waste gate is open and once pressure is received to the solenoid after a second it...
  4. S

2.0 eco rattle

Copy that. Once swapped the rattle should be non existent. My explorer is scooting just fine now with no noise. Actually it has more power since the old one was working only at 75%ish. Look for oil in the hoses too...another sign turbo was going out. Let me know what your findings are....
  5. S

2.0 eco rattle

Put up a video of what I found wrong with my turbocharger
  6. S

2.0 eco rattle

Unfortunately the Wastegate arm/valve is not a part that can be ordered. Only the solenoid can be replaced. It's not to horrible to change but it's not fun either. If you have friends who rebuild turbochargers maybe could have it overhauled but have to order a whole new turbocharger from Ford...
  7. S

2.0 eco rattle

Hello. So I have a 2013 2.0L. Had a rattle for awhile and also thought probably shield or something. Was mostly on cold starts and would go away after about 30 sec to a minute. Could also hear it while driving and letting off the gas with windows down. Popped a A0299 code after a long highway...
Back