Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Engine fan help

Still blowing at 34-38 even in 92 heat outside
  2. M

Mileage on your PIU Odometer

How does that piu drive with that many miles on it? Any major issues?
  3. M

Mileage on your PIU Odometer

Got it at 18,000 miles and 1400 idle hours. Now at 84,600 and 4787 hours.
  4. M

Engine fan help

The ac compressor, belt and tensioner were replace. The fan no longer comes on like it was and the ac is blowing at 34 degrees now!!!!
  5. M

Custom PTU Heat shield?

How hard was it to change the fluid? What mileage did you do it at?
  6. M

Engine fan help

2015- As soon as I turn on my vehicle, the engine fan starts to run at the high speed. Then it will slow back down to its normal speed. As the engine is running the high speed fan will turn off and on every 30-40 seconds. This just started to happen. Dose anyone know what is wrong?
  7. M

Pursuit mode

Did they fix it all?
  8. M

Pursuit mode

How did you find this out? So basically it was taken off of my vehicle when I did the recalls???????????????
  9. M

Pursuit mode

Did you have a chance to speak with the Ford technician about this?
  10. M

Pursuit mode

What were you bringing it to the dealer for? It would be a shame to lose pursuit mode. It was even worse when I called Ford to complain about no longer having the mode and the response was there is no such thing as a pursuit mode. Even after explaining it to them and them talking with their...
  11. M

Pursuit mode

Thanks. Again there was no issue with this prior to bring it to Ford.
  12. M

Pursuit mode

Thanks for the info. As far as pushing the vehicle, I have and continue to push the vehicle at times (in a closed environment) far beyond what would cause this mode to activate. Since my last writing, I have gotten the vehicle to activate twice now when engaging in a sharp right turn while...
  13. M

Pursuit mode

Pursuit Mode was a lot of fun while it lasted. Now I'm back to regular explorer mode. They must have turned it off when they did the exhaust upgrade.
  14. M

Pursuit mode

This is the dealer that sells the new PI units. They asked there tecs for help and they said there is no such thing as "Pursuit Mode". At this point the vehicle drives fine, so Im not going to use more time asking them for help.
  15. M

Pursuit mode

I called, they are saying no.
  16. M

Pursuit mode

Stopped by the dealer this morning to see if they could do anything. No one there has ever heard of Pursuit Mode; they could not help. Does anyone know if this is an actual program or is it something mechanical. Trying to figure out how it became disabled.
  17. M

Pursuit mode

I went out to a back road and drove the hell out of this explorer. Pursuit Mode does not activate!!!!!! Before bring this thing into the dealer Pursuit Mode would active under hard driving, not nothing!!!! The dealer did the recalls and engine mounts. How can I turn Pursuit Mode back on??????
  18. M

Pursuit mode

It dose not hold the high RPM'S when changing gears like it did just before bringing it in. It now drives like a normal Explorer when you drive aggressively.
  19. M

Pursuit mode

Prior to brining my explorer into Ford, pursuit mode would activate upon aggressive driving. Now, even with 10 min. of intentional aggressive driving pursuit mode will not activate. The vehicle was brought in to Ford for recalls. Would Ford have turned the pursuit mode off on my vehicle?
  20. M

PIU A/C

I think the Crown Vic must have had a better system. Even if you left the car doors open on the Vic and the a/c was still cold. Try doing that on the PIU and the ac turns warm. Does not seem there is anything wrong with the a/c just seems it was the way they deigned it...not to good.
  21. M

PIU A/C

You would think by now (2015) this would not be an issue. In the middle of summer I can't even turn on the rear a/c as the whole suv becomes warm!!!!!! Never had this issue with the Crown Vic. Those always had ice cold a/c. A lot colder than the a/c these PIU.
  22. M

PIU A/C

On my 2015 PIU the a/c becomes warmer in the front whenever I turn on the rear a/c. The a/c in the front usually reads 55 on my thermometer. When I turn on the back a/c, the front reads 65. Not sure why the a/c would become warmer because of this. Is this normal?
  23. M

Why do Departments select the model they do?

Have been seeing a lot of places using Dodge Chargers, which have tons of issues.
  24. M

Have you checked your PTU fluid level/replaced your fluid?

I have almost 70,000 hard miles on mine and 5,300 hours. I have never had mine replaced or even checked. Now I am worried.
Back