Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / DIY Pics

I went with the mud flaps from Weathertech. No drilling very easy install and look great. I can do without the Ford logo.
  2. L

2014 Explorer A/C blows warm and weak on passenger side, strong and cold on drivers

And your absolutely sure it was installed correctly with making sure it's pointing up and that the electrical connection was plugged in? Sorry, just have to ask.
  3. L

Standard vs Sport Brakes

that’s way to much. Rockauto.com has this z23 kit (not including calipers) for about $425 + shipping.
  4. L

Standard vs Sport Brakes

Just measure the front rotors. If they are 13.86", they are heavy duty brakes...if they are 12.8" they are standard brakes.
  5. L

MFT Update V3.10

After the sync 2 v3.10 update, I can no longer play bluetooth music from my iphone XR, with iOS 13.2. Bluetooth phone calls seem to work fine. Any ideas?
  6. L

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Anyone have issues connecting to a iphone with ios 13.2 update for Bluetooth music? I just updated to sync 2 v3.10. Have trouble connecting to phone for bluetooth music. Phone calls seem to work properly. Help
  7. L

Explorer 'A' pillar replacement

No the top trim is not reusable. It would have to be replaced. It will just fly off again. And like others have said, make sure you replace the clips....very important of your new top trim piece will have wings again. Don't ask me how I know. :-)
  8. L

Explorer 'A' pillar replacement

We have a 2013 XLT and the driver side is loose at the top. Where did you purchase your replacement kit(s)?
  9. L

2016 Explorer, no tow package HELP!!

What he said...don't do it Davey!
  10. L

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Can’t see the picture
  11. L

Aftermarket alarm

What year is the vehicle? Was remote start enabled via Forscan? Is your check engine light on? Remote start will not start your engine if you have a check engine condition. Let us know the answers to these questions so we can attempt to assist you further.
  12. L

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Drew, is this your first time using Forscan? If so go to forscan.org and go through the tutorial info. I couldn’t find it either at first. Just a thought
  13. L

Naming a Paired / Synced Phone

Change it on your phone, and then it should update on your car's screen. :-)
  14. L

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Enabled "Bambi Mode" for my fog lights via Forscan....on while the high beams are on. Nice
  15. L

Installed aftermarket hitch

@Mbrooks420 Not worth it. Bigger battles....
  16. L

Aftermarket alarm

Do a search for remote start 2011-2015 and you will find what your looking for.
  17. L

Unable to start the car!

Ford tends to put what I believe to be less than adequate batteries in their vehicles. Don't ask me how I know.
  18. L

Aftermarket sharkfin antenna that’s lower than OEM?

Well, it's currently raining hard here in the Northeast, so I just found this on their web site. Hope this helps. If the rain stops I can go out and try to get an exact measurement. What are the dimensions of the VG Shark Fin Antennas? The VG Shark Fin Antenna is approximately 6.5”L x 4.25”...
  19. L

Adding factory options post purchase?

This absolutely works if your purchasing the vehicle new, but does not when purchasing a vehicle used sometimes.
  20. L

Aftermarket sharkfin antenna that’s lower than OEM?

Got it thanks. Missed that part. Apologies.
  21. L

Unable to start the car!

Replace the battery....done, fixed.
  22. L

Aftermarket alarm

Maybe I am wrong, but doesn't the Explorer come with an alarm already, and the 2011-2015 explorers have remote start built in. It just needs to be enabled, which you can do yourself, and you just need to purchase the 5 button key fobs, have them cut, and you can then program them yourself all...
  23. L

Fortin Remote Start Question

Yes, return the kit. Remote start is built into the 2011-2015 even if it's not enabled. There is another long thread which explains exactly how to do it for about $75.
Back