Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

FOR SALE! 01’ XLT! 95.5K MILES!

Me and my friend are working on the key part. It was there before he bought it then someone must’ve taken it thinking they were going to get it
  2. M

FOR SALE! 01’ XLT! 95.5K MILES!

FOR SALE! Located in Port Huron, MI. 01’ XLT with the 5.0 in it. Has the AWD. Was owned by City of Ecorse Fire department but no key. Has oil in it, haven’t tried to start it yet. Has clean title. 95.5K MILES! This can be a nice beautiful Explorer with some love! BEST OFFER, NO LOW BALLS! Will...
  3. M

Possible Key Buzzer?

Is there any way to put an old key buzzer from older Fords on a Explorer with a key dinger? It’s a 2000 if that matters and would like to do it if it’s possible because it sounds cool.
  4. M

Weak Fuel Pump?

Just seen that other thread, didn’t see it at first but I’ll probably start with the filter since I already have it.
  5. M

Weak Fuel Pump?

Yeah that’s true, it is 20 years old and almost 183,500. I remember my grandparents old one had a 99’ with 232k and the fuel pump was working good except it has a little whine to it. Do you think I should get the fuel pump assembly overhauled soon?
  6. M

Weak Fuel Pump?

Are fuel pumps weak on the earlier Explorers? I believe the one on my dads is going out because I don’t hear it and I know when a pump is good, you should be able to hear it. Also sometimes when I turn the key twice to prime the pump it starts up the first time when other times when I don’t do...
  7. M

stock 01 explorer, issue with the tach needle bouncing ????

My dads would jump up to 2,500-4,000 when it’s idling at the normal idle. Sometimes tapping it would bring it down to the normal range and would still be inaccurate. I do it sometimes when bored after the car is off. An answer would be nice lol, maybe I’ll be able to fix that.
  8. M

New addition, 2000 Explorer Limited

Would you know the location of it by any chance, didn’t find a lot in the forums. Like I mentioned the brake light lit up on the way back from the test drive since the brake line was bad and ran low after getting back to the shop. So do you still think the parking brake circuit/switch is the...
  9. M

Hoses seemed fine but will look them over again in case and I’ll look through the forums about the parking brake circuit. Thanks for the tips
  10. M

Resurrected 2017 Ford Explorer Sport

Nice truck🤙🏻
  11. M

My dads 05’ town and country with the 3.8 was wrecked and so I recommended him to buy an Explorer and I was looking for an Explorer with a 5.0 AWD but settled on a 2000 Explorer Limited 4.0 SOHC/AUTO 4x4 with 181k on the clock for $1,000. Needed a brake line and that has been replaced already...
  12. M

Update On Totaled Explorer in Accident

Airbags didn't go off from what I was told. Also the airbag light been on before the accident and I think the memory was full on it from previous accident in the front. Never had airbags go off though. Just triggered sensors.
  13. M

Yeah that's true and I agree now. Maybe I can find an exact copy one day to replace the whole in my heart(joking), but maybe about replacing it.
  14. M

So today I recieve pictures from my family of the Explorer and these are the only ones I have. It's still at the impound I would love for them to get it out but I think with storage fees it might be a lot, idk. If I was there, idk, I'm sick of hearing so many different things that everyone is...
  15. M

Our Explorer Was Totaled in Severe Accident, Need Advice About Buying Another One...

You might be on page 2 of the thread. Theres a box and click on 1.
  16. M

Our Explorer Was Totaled in Severe Accident, Need Advice About Buying Another One...

I really appreciate everyones time with their opinions and I've read all the comments that everyone posted. It sounds to me that the majority chose the V8 as the reliability and strong transmissions. Maybe gas is not the best but it seems like a good choice. So it seems that I should look for a...
  17. M

Hello everyone, haven't been on here in about a month since I've been vacation with my dad. Anyways, I don't want to talk about what led up to what happened to my grandma when she was driving because I feel like I would get hate for it and blamed for something not my fault but possibly the...
  18. M

Smelling gas

I know it's a bit of a pain to get to it, but if you can't find a leak elsewhere don't forget to check the pump assembly mounted into the top of the fuel tank. That has a big seal and if someone replaced the fuel pump it might be an issue. Hearing the fuel pump from outside the car is not all...
  19. M

Smelling gas

Thank you, will look into it.
  20. M

Need new cluster bulbs

Yes, for the dash, it is really simple and easy to fix. I plan on doing it to my Explorer soon. I'm inserting a youtube link to this video that goes over everything you need and step by step. Good quality video also, only takes 45 minutes to do. If you are talking about the light above the...
  21. M

Smelling gas

So I now actually noticed after a while that I smell raw gas outside the car and I can hear the fuel pump also. NOTHING LEAKING SO DONT JUMP ON ME. But does anyone know what that could be?
  22. M

Alternator charging issue

If its the alternator going bad, you could always move the brushes up or buy new ones for around 5 bucks if thats the case.
  23. M

How Much Was Your Explorer New?

I've calculated the cost of ours using the website autoblog and has all options and stuff for our year explorer. Alright so heres the list of options and pricing for each. MSRP Retail $23,045 Comfort Group $1,245 Premium Sport Package $1,100 5 Speed Auto Trans w/OD $1,095 Power Moonroof $800...
Back