Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

FOR SALE! 01’ XLT! 95.5K MILES!

FOR SALE! Located in Port Huron, MI. 01’ XLT with the 5.0 in it. Has the AWD. Was owned by City of Ecorse Fire department but no key. Has oil in it, haven’t tried to start it yet. Has clean title. 95.5K MILES! This can be a nice beautiful Explorer with some love! BEST OFFER, NO LOW BALLS! Will...
  2. M

Possible Key Buzzer?

Is there any way to put an old key buzzer from older Fords on a Explorer with a key dinger? It’s a 2000 if that matters and would like to do it if it’s possible because it sounds cool.
  3. M

Weak Fuel Pump?

Are fuel pumps weak on the earlier Explorers? I believe the one on my dads is going out because I don’t hear it and I know when a pump is good, you should be able to hear it. Also sometimes when I turn the key twice to prime the pump it starts up the first time when other times when I don’t do...
  4. M

New addition, 2000 Explorer Limited

My dads 05’ town and country with the 3.8 was wrecked and so I recommended him to buy an Explorer and I was looking for an Explorer with a 5.0 AWD but settled on a 2000 Explorer Limited 4.0 SOHC/AUTO 4x4 with 181k on the clock for $1,000. Needed a brake line and that has been replaced already...
  5. M

Update On Totaled Explorer in Accident

So today I recieve pictures from my family of the Explorer and these are the only ones I have. It's still at the impound I would love for them to get it out but I think with storage fees it might be a lot, idk. If I was there, idk, I'm sick of hearing so many different things that everyone is...
  6. M

Our Explorer Was Totaled in Severe Accident, Need Advice About Buying Another One...

Hello everyone, haven't been on here in about a month since I've been vacation with my dad. Anyways, I don't want to talk about what led up to what happened to my grandma when she was driving because I feel like I would get hate for it and blamed for something not my fault but possibly the...
  7. M

Smelling gas

So I now actually noticed after a while that I smell raw gas outside the car and I can hear the fuel pump also. NOTHING LEAKING SO DONT JUMP ON ME. But does anyone know what that could be?
  8. M

How Much Was Your Explorer New?

I've calculated the cost of ours using the website autoblog and has all options and stuff for our year explorer. Alright so heres the list of options and pricing for each. MSRP Retail $23,045 Comfort Group $1,245 Premium Sport Package $1,100 5 Speed Auto Trans w/OD $1,095 Power Moonroof $800...
  9. M

Zdjdk
  10. M

Transmission Fluid Low

I have the 4.0 SOHC with the Automatic transmission and I check the fluid level on the dipstick and its about a quart or two low. I looked up on youtube on how to add transmission fluid to it and you have to go under the car and etc. Is it possible that I can put a funnel on the dip stick hole...
  11. M

Ford Explorer Sport Photo Shoot

Tell me what you think... I know I didn't clean it up lol.
  12. M

Driver Door Lock Problem

Hello, I have a 99' Explorer Sport and I recently started using the key fob remote to lock my car again and recently the driver door lock won't go up. If I press the unlock button, it will go up a little and then go back to being locked. You cant open it from the outside after unlocking it. So I...
  13. M

1999 Explorer Problems (Common Issues)

Issues with our Explorer that I sometimes see on other Explorer's from this generation is uneven tire wear. The tires in the front wear down from the inner part or (toe wear). It might be wearing down because the shocks are old and worn or the sway bar links are not connected anymore. Also I...
  14. M

Hello...

I'm new here
Back