Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. XLT

2010 Ford Escape Battery Light

Hey Guys, My 1998 ford explorer sport finally bit the dust. Timing chain finally caught upto it with 154k on the clock. My new to me escape has had the battery and alternator replaced with the battery light staying on 99% of the time. Any suggestions on what to check next? So far i have not...
  2. XLT

RCI Aluminum Skid Plate and Hidden Subwoofer

Good to hear you got it. Your Welcome!
  3. XLT

As pointed out its aluminum vs steel one you linked. It weighs about half the of what the steel one weighs. The aluminum version was also a fair bit more when rci was offering it
  4. XLT

This is not my truck specifically but it is the same subwoofer in an explorer.
  5. XLT

RCI Aluminum Skid Plate and Amp Aluminum Front (1/4"thick) Skid Plate made by rci. Great for the salt belt since it won't rust. Attachs with 4 screws to factory holes. Some models might need two of the 4 holes drilled. Fits: 1998-2011 ford ranger w\ torsen suspension 1995-2001 ford...
  6. XLT

As I come to a complete stop, feels like ABS kicks in?

I have a 98 sport and had a similar problem of abs going on once i got close to stopping. It started after i hit a curb hard. Ended up pulling the fuse and no problems since. Speedo works fine as well.
  7. XLT

crown vic push bar

Pretty much anything like that will need to be modified. Best bet is to look at it in person and see if you can make it work otherwise buy something that is a direct bolt on built for the explorer.
  8. XLT

Lets talk headlights for my 98 ex

Well i have done some searching and have not found much info on what im seeking. Seems like all the threads that come up in my search are all hid related. My headlights are horribly fogged on my 98 and i want to replace them. Im not looking for anything fancy and want to stick with 9007 bulbs. I...
  9. XLT

Making a brush guard mount

So does that mean you have a brush guard and just need the mounts made? If so it would be easier if you took card board and made a template with it so other members could give you a hand. That or tell us what type of brush guard you have at least.
  10. XLT

Need Help Choosing an Amp

Alright i will give the sonicelectronix website a look as well. My only other question is what size speaker wire should i use between the amp and subwoofer?
  11. XLT

Alright. Thank you all for the information! My budget is about $150 or so. I am giving the Boston amp some serious consideration. I might look at a second amp for the speakers down the road. I have been poking around on crutchfield the last day and getting a bit more informed about audio systems...
  12. XLT

Well basically after some research am i looking for a amp that is rated for 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms? I was looking at mono amps. Then i would just wire my speakers directly to the hu. Or does it pay to get a 4 channel amp as to power my speakers as well?
  13. XLT

Yes i suppose a wrench through it would do that! Lets see the specs i found on the sub are 200w 4 ohm The speakers if it matters 190W Max Power (35W Rated)
  14. XLT

Hello. I am in the process of installing a subwoofer. I got a great deal on a used MTX thunderform sub box with 10" MTX subwoofer. I am pretty clueless though when it comes to picking out an amp. I should add that my truck still is using the stock amp that is located in the rear sidewall of my...
  15. XLT

SEVEN40iL's '98 Sport Mod Thread

Nice truck! Looks very similar to mine!
  16. XLT

2 weeks of mods finished! w/ lots of pictures

Nice work! It looks like you really put a lot of time and effort into it!
  17. XLT

Shop Whoops!

Yikes! Im sorry to hear about the poor luck some of you guys have with shops. Im just a poor college student and found that i have more time then money so i do almost all the work on my truck if possible. I have an old high school buddy that does everything else that i cant but he has only...
  18. XLT

Question on stiff steering

Alright i will have to take a look at the joints yet. I just checked my power steering fluid and it appears redish brown i would say. The trucks got a 130,000 on her so maybe i will look at replacing the power steering fluid anyways.
  19. XLT

Thanks again. I was just about to work on it today when i took the truck for a ride and noticed my steering had "loosened" up. The last week or so it has been in the low 30's here which seems to have stiffened up my steering. Today it was up in the 60's and the steering felt normal so it was...
  20. XLT

home made body lift???

It could handle them but i would highly recommend switching gear ratios since it will really feel under powered. Plus it would put less strain on the transmission.
  21. XLT

home made body lift???

You can get by with 4.10 gears but usually people like to go with 4.56. Also if you have to ask on how to put gears in this is one of those things you best have a shop do for you. There is more to swapping gears than what appears to be.
  22. XLT

Ok thanks. I think i will take out the extension and see how it is then.
  23. XLT

Well i put my 3" bodylift on last week and it seemed fine at the time as far as the steering was concerned. I had no binding what so ever but now this week i noticed my steering wheel turns harder then it use to. I checked the truck and i cant see anything binding. I couldnt find much while...
Back