Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

For Sale Less 37k 1992 Explorer Sport (1 of 1)

I listed price at very top of post; I think it is saved now
  2. S

Spare door key

I have not heard of that; my 92 came with a plastic card intended to be kept in your wallet. The idea was to have the plastic "key card" matched to your key by a locksmith and keep the key in your wallet. I still have the original card untouched by a locksmith. It will got with my vehicle...
  3. S

I forgot to mention that I have a new Noah model California Car cover still in the box from years ago as a spare. Here is a picture of my current Noah California cover (so I have the one currently on vehicle plus a new one never used still in box) which are included. These are custom covers...
  4. S

$8,400 This is a 1992 Ford Explorer Sport with a 3.73 rear axle. This is a one owner vehicle. My Dad worked for Ford and helped me order this vehicle when I got out of high school. He had his friends at Kentucky Truck Plant (which at that time built the Explorer) follow the vehicle down the...
  5. S

Happy owner of '92 Explorer

Here is a pic of my 92 Sport--the badge says "Ford Audio Sytsems JBL"
  6. S

Fix or replace engine on 1998 Explorer

Will do thank you
  7. S

Speaking of selling may I ask the proper protocol if you post an ad? I recall reading you need to join Elite Explorers which is totally reasonable. Is there a new thread to sell your vehicle that shows if you are an Elite Explorer member? I may sell mine next spring just thinking ahead.
  8. S

Tough choice but that is what sweet looking ride!
  9. S

Buy an original ford explorer or 2nd gen new 0 miles...

Thank you Louie. I don’t have weather tec mats just use some towels and cheap mats but my Explorer has only since a little rain even in the last two years. I only drive on nice days and I have a California car cover on it in garage. I love this truck and had it since I got out of high...
  10. S

Hi Louie That is a very nice Explorer. Very impressive! I have the tow package and limited slip on mine also with the 3.73 rear axle which was a special order. I was 18 and remember seeing one on the lot and by many blessings and hard work got it. My Dad kept me working to pay for it and I...
  11. S

Here are some more pics I have been taking.
  12. S

I have one of those low mileage first years. Got this 1992 out of high school and never saw winters. My Dad worked for Ford and his buddies followed it down the line. I have 36k now. The only issues I have had are oil leaks mostly rear main related. I may have to sell this girl in the...
  13. S

My mechanic said...

I replaced my bushings on 92 a few years back. My mechanic said just put some white grease on them if the make a little noise and that works for a summer. I am one of the fortunate to have a low mileage first gen. 1992 Sport with 36k miles. My Dad worked for Ford and ordered it new ar age...
  14. S

sport , should I?

I would consider it if you like the vehicle. I have 92 Sport with 35k miles (never in snow/salt) and just fixed my rear main again. It is a big job and I paid a lot of cash but I believe it is done right now with guidance of Brian and his post on how to fix the rear main properly. I found a...
  15. S

92 Explorer Sport 35k orig miles (possible rear main)

Thanks for the note. It is at a Ford dealer now. They pulled the trans and saw a metal sleeve was put in the rear seal years ago. This is my third time in 26 years getting addressed. The mechanic showed me how tight the sleeve is against the crank and is now thinking maybe pull engine, take...
  16. S

Just out of curiosity anybody have an idea what an Explorer like mine is worth. I am not ready to sell yet but just curious what it’s really worth. I can search all day and not find anything to benchmark against.
  17. S

Thanks taking her to Ford dealer next week. I will ask about that pilot bearing. This is the 4th rear main since new. First time was 1995 at dealer, then 1998 with revised seal and tool I believe, then 2008 at a Tuffy with Felpro seal. Sadly I am not a mechanic like most of you and need...
  18. S

Thanks for the note FR-425; I will make a note of your suggestions. I am hoping to get it looked at within the next week. Supposed to rain in my area and get rid of the salt and this vehicle has not seen salt so trying to wait it out. Thanks for the suggestions.
  19. S

Hi Everyone, I have 92 Explorer Sport that is show room condition with only 35k. I think I have a rear main issue again and had it done twice. I am the original owner and it was done once by Ford in the 90's and again in the 2008 by an independent shop. I am trying to see if anyone knows why...
  20. S

92 Sport 35k orig miles possible rear main issue

Hi Everyone, I have 92 Explorer Sport that is show room condition with only 35k. I think I have a rear main issue again and had it done twice. I am the original owner and it was done once by Ford in the 90's and again in the 2008 by an independent shop. I am trying to see if anyone knows why...
Back