Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Gas pedal tension adjustment

Really enjoying my '18 XLT but it would be perfect if I could somehow make the gas pedal tension stiffer....I have long legs but a shorter torso, so when I get the seat up to its max height, I find my feet are still too close to the pedals. Since they're close, if I let my right foot rest on...
  2. F

2018 Explorer In Production Status

What??? Are they running low on steering wheels too? Not sure I buy their explanation. As for mine, haven’t gotten the keys yet - too busy this week, will be picking up Friday - looking forward to it. You enjoying yours so far?
  3. F

FYI all set now - vehicle delivered to dealership on June 21st, so that was 11.5 weeks from order submission to arrival...so it looks like it *just* snuck in the 8-12 week window :)
  4. F

Thanks for the feedback, makes me feel better about my choice :) I'm sure I'd have come to the same conclusion as you - especially with regard to styling...it may be a 7-8 year old shape but I like 'em more on the boxier side. As for skipping 4x4 - purely financial decision. I'm trading in a...
  5. F

Glad to hear they worked something out for you. I ordered mine with 2nd row buckets, no 2nd-row centre console and no 4x4, which apparently is a rare combo so I'm pretty sure I'll be waiting for the one I ordered.....hopefully this is the last revision and the June 25th date is reasonably...
  6. F

That’s strange. Mine went into production June 3 with an original ETA of June 16. Then it got bumped to June 25 (bummer, I wanted it for the weekend) but it *has* gone into “In Transit” status at least so it should be on the way. Originally ordered it Apr 2...if they don’t change the ETA...
  7. F

Thanks dkean - sounds about right! In those days, did the vehicles stay on the same line continuously for the two shifts or did they come off and back on the line depending on which options were ordered?
  8. F

So FYI I went to the dealer and they confirmed my actual build date got pushed to the week of May 28th (this week), so I guess the lesson is that when the website says it’s going into production on a certain day, it only gets updated once - if the factory pushes back the actual production start...
  9. F

Thank you. It shows 5/24, the day after the website said it went into production, which makes sense. If that’s the case though (I can’t imagine it takes more than a day to crank out the vehicle) I’d have thought it would have already moved into “Awaiting Shipment” status based on that build date
  10. F

Thanks Peter. I’ve already got my VIN and have the window sticker. Where do I find the build date?
  11. F

Hey folks - ordered my ‘18 XLT on April 2. On COTUS it said it went into production on May 23 but no updates since - how long does this stage typically take? It’s also giving me an expected delivery date of June 16 - is this still realistic? Thanks everyone!
  12. F

2nd Row Console

I did the research - if you remove the console, there is no carpet underneath. I thought about trying to cover it up with cloth floor mats (secured with Velcro), covering it with black towels, etc...but kept coming to 2 conclusions: A) it would likely not look good at all B) didn’t like the...
  13. F

202a U.S. vs Canada - Specifically, Heated Steering Wheel & Foot Controlled Liftgate

Hi folks, So I can't speak to the 2017's, but I ordered my 2018 Explorer XLT last month and came across the same thing. Did some research and the 202A equipment packages are indeed different for Canadian and US customers. 202A in Canada does *not* include the heated steering wheel. The...
Back