Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Front Driver Door Removal???

So in a moment of stupidity yesterday, I thought it would be a good idea to back up the explorer and hit the frame of my garage door. So needless to say the door now has to be replaced. Anyway, I've got the door panel off and know that the 4 bolts to the door need to come out. But for the...
  2. S

Soft Brake Pedal Only on Hills

Yeah the fluid was dark, not rusty colored just black. It was original fluid from 92 as far as i know. I know it hasn't been changed since I got it 6 years ago... Yeah im still leaning on the master going out. Any idea how much it will cost to have it replaced??? I'm fairly mechanically...
  3. S

Soft Brake Pedal Only on Hills

So for the past few weeks I've been chasing down these pesky brake gremlins and now its gotten even stranger... So for the past few month my brake pedal has been softer than normal... Occasionally my ABS and parking brake light also come on, knowing that was caused by low fluid, i topped it...
  4. S

What do you guys think?

Awesome tire choice, I've been running them for a 1.5 years now and no major complaints about them. :thumbsup:
  5. S

Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner

This is all I have to say...
  6. S

Best Snow Tire

Go with the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo... Hands down the best tire that I've ever driven on... I too venture into the mountains for boarding in the winter quite often. They are awesome tire in deep snow and packed snow. They aren't the best on ice but good enough to get the job done, you...
  7. S

Best option for atore bought clay bar and wax

I used the Mother's Clay Bar kit and Meguiar's NXT 2.0 liquid wax. Awesome results, I'm probably going to do it again this summer when I have the time and also do my dad's F150... This is how my Expo turned out...
  8. S

Naches Pass - Funny Rocks - Moon Rocks after July15

My work schedule changed again and I now have tue-wed off. And I need to save my "Sick Days" for my week long California snowboarding trip this winter... Unless there are some drastic changes at work, I won't be able to make it.
  9. S

My attempt at taking out swirls

Looks good!!! I did a very similar process to my 92... I didn't use the scratch stuff, but I did the clay bar and the waxed. That Meguiars NXT 2.0 Paste, it's amazing stuff. This is how it looks now...
  10. S

Ford Fusion: Built Bison Tough!

I'm not surprised one bit. My dad drives an 08 Fusion and it is a very solid car.... I might even look in to getting one in the next few years. That quality of that car has really surprised me...
  11. S

New Addition to the Family

Sounds like my family's driveway used to be... Mom- 93 Explorer Dad- 92 F150 Mine- 92 Explorer Weekend Driver- 08 Fusion It was all Ford's up until last fall when the 93 ex was traded in on 08 Rav4... :( The Japanese invasion has begun...
  12. S

what kind of wax?

I was watching The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross and felt inspired... :D I bought the wax at Wal-Mart and the Mother Clay Bar kit at Schuck's, a local auto parts store...
  13. S

what kind of wax?

I did the clay bar thing and waxed and this is what the end result was... That is original paint, 16 years old when the pic was taken. I did the clay bar process and then followed it up with Meguiars NXT 2.0 wax. Good stuff, I highly recommend it. I'm gonna do the same thing to my dad's f150...
  14. S

Newly married man needs reprieve

Again, it happens to me... Not gonna be able to make it.... Hours got cut back at work and now my schedule has changed, so I'll be working all weekend... Woohoo... :thumbdwn: Maybe next time...
  15. S

I'm still a "Maybe" work schedules have been changing, but I should still have sundays off... Will only be a day trip for me though, I've got other plans for monday... Also, this gonna be an explorer/b2 trip??? I've got a buddy with a toyota pickup who might want to tag along if I go.
  16. S

School Me on Clay Barring

When I did mine, this is the steps that I did... Wash with lots of soapy water, I used Dawn to strip the wax and dirt away. Let it dry. Begin the clay bar process, I used water and dawn instead of the lube that came with the kit. (Make sure to have lots of clean and soapy water for...
  17. S

Sweet!!! So is mine, well not my 21st, I'll be 23, ever so closer to cheaper insurance... :D When's yours?? Mines the 23rd... I might be able to make it to this one, I finally got my 4x4 working again and got a new job and some money to play with... :thumbsup: I still only have sun/mon off...
  18. S

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

I believe that I used 3/8" tubing, but I'm not positive... Best thing to do is to take the gear with you to the store and check out the sizes that fit...
  19. S

Hi from Squamish BC

Welcome... I was just up there last weekend too. Drove through there on the way to and from Whistler... :thumbsup:
  20. S

Which Tires for the WINTER??

I again have to put in a vote for the Revo's!!!! I've had them for a year now and I'm amazed at how good these tires are. They are awesome all around tires, but they really shine on slippery surfaces. We've been getting snow here in Seattle all week and these tires never let me down. I spent...
  21. S

Bangor washington 2001 x sport 4wd

Very nice, my buddy was on the Alabama up until a few years ago when he got out of the Navy. Keep up the good work... :salute:
  22. S

First Snow - 4x4 doesnt work! COME ON IN

This is so very true... My 4wd stopped working, so I fixed it over the summer, when it was dry and 80 degrees, not snowing and 20 degrees... Been using my 4wd all week too, it's so nice to push that button see the light and go where ever I need to go...
  23. S

Bangor washington 2001 x sport 4wd

What boat are you assigned too?? One of my buddies used to be in the Navy and was stationed in Bangor for a while.
  24. S

To Stud or Not To Stud..and Which Tires?

Personally I wouldn't get studs on my tires. The icy conditions don't last long enough to justify having them on for the entire season. I know that you get more snow and ice up there in Blaine than we do down here in Seattle, but I still think that it would be overkill. I've been out driving...
  25. S

Tire Chains

Nah, I was just suggesting that you try putting them on in your driveway before the snow even starts falling. When I got mine, they were a tangled mess and it took me nearly an hour to do them. And that was sitting in my parents warm and dry garage. :eek:
Back