Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. trucku

Metal/Aluminum Replacement Thermostat Housing

I replaced my thermostat housing a few years ago, after the original started to leak. About 6 months ago the replacement started to leak. I didn't want to buy another plastic housing. I bought a metal/Aluminum replacement from EBay along with a new temp sender and thermostat (190F) from...
  2. trucku

Truck rocks from side to side at slow speeds

Truck is a xls, no ASC. Used to be 4x4. I put in AWD transfer case in it two years ago after issues with 4x4 transfer case.
  3. trucku

Front ones were replaced few years ago. Rears replaced about 5 years ago.
  4. trucku

At very slow speeds my truck seems to rock from side to side. Once I accelerate to normal road speeds above 30, it stops. This has been happening for a while now and since then the following has been replaced. new front hubs new rear right hub new struts and springs all around (rear springs...
  5. trucku

Broken Shift Lever Bracket FIX!

Thanks!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  6. trucku

Broken Shift Lever Bracket FIX!

A couple days ago I put my truck into drive and noticed the shift lever felt a bit loose. Got home and attempted to put the truck in park, with no luck, because the lever broke free from the bracket. I removed the column cover to get a better look at what happened and this is what I found...
  7. trucku

Coolant leak on 2002 Explorer XLT V6 4.0L SOHC

Found this on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/301319595319?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Not cheap, but if it's a permanent fix then worth it.
  8. trucku

Door Ajar alert when defrost button pushed FIXED!!

Note: The wire boot, door side has two extensions that gets taped onto the wire bundle. I did tape the wires up again, but left the boot unattached to the wires. I am thinking that it will allow the wires to move more freely within the boot and possibly avoid more broken wires.
  9. trucku

Thanks! You're welcome! :thumbsup::us:
  10. trucku

What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?

Can you get a part number off the housing? My thermostat housing, second one, is leaking now. Found it..yikes $179
  11. trucku

2002 Explorer - multiple issues, not sure they are related

I have pictures, just posted here. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425094 Regarding engine running issue. Have you check for a injector stuck open?
  12. trucku

Just the other day noticed that I could not lock or unlock any doors with button when the key was out of ignition. Locks worked when the truck was running. I wasn't too worried about it. Figured I would get to it when I get to it. THEN: I attempted to defrost my window. My "Door Ajar" light...
  13. trucku

Poor fuel mileage, exhaust stinks, my converter(s) are probably toast, right?

If you have a leaky injector, it would dump fuel down the exhaust right into the cat. Maybe that would cause your smell and bad mileage? You can attempt a cleaning out your combustion chambers and exhaust system by sucking in water through your intake vacuum line (booster line). I know people...
  14. trucku

4x4 does not work

Bucks? Do you feel like the front is grabbing and causing the "bucking"? Does it go into 4x4 low, after the click, verified by driving forward a little? IF so when you select Hi from Neutral, hear nothing, is it in HI when you drive forward? To get a baseline. Disconnect the battery for 10...
  15. trucku

Changed differential fluid

Do you have a limited slip rear? If not no modifier needed. Pull the fill plug and let any extra drain out. I don't think you should have a loud roar because of the modifier. Worse comes to worse, drain it and fill without modifier.
  16. trucku

05 Explorer XLT front bumper is too big.

Good Luck! Don't back down!
  17. trucku

AWD Viscous Coupling Fluid

I will defantely post my results. Right now my friend is looking into modifying my current scanguage to accept speed inputs from the wheels. If that does not work, he will build me a separate display for cheap. Definitely in an AWD case you want front and back wheels spinning at the same speed...
  18. trucku

Truck blows cold when I stop

Do you ever smell a sweet smell? If you have a bad resevoir cap, not holding pressure, your coolant will escape that way. Does the top hose get firm when the truck it completely warmed up? Good Luck!
  19. trucku

For Sale 5R55 Deep Aluminum Pan w/ Dipstick

I live in NJ. I would like to offer you $150 for it.I could pick it up from you in Queens. No insult intended on offer, just most I can afford. Thought I ask in case you might be interested. Thanks -V
  20. trucku

Truck blows cold when I stop

Low vacum on valve that allows coolant to flow into heating core. At idle you don't have enough vacuum to keep it open. Just a guess! Good Luck
  21. trucku

AWD Viscous Coupling Fluid

Installed AWD transfer case I swapped out my 4x4 transfer case to the AWD one I bought from junk yard. Hardest part was getting out the bolts from the crossmemeber. One broke. Dealer worked on my truck some time back, replaced torque converter and they tightened the bolts to death. Also had a...
  22. trucku

Got heat??? I dont :(

Check under the hood, passenger side, vacuum line that opens coolant flow to heating core.
  23. trucku

Issues with Idling after sensor replacement

I have read you can clean your combustion chamber and exhaust system with water. Your truck sucks up water into intake via vacuum line, as you would with seafoam. It is almost the same procedure, except there is no stopping the engine until your exhaust stops expelling a lot of steam and water...
  24. trucku

mileage display not very bright

LOL Thanks!:thumbsup: So weird having it working now. I keep looking down at it while I drive...:D
Back