Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

ABS Light

I left the house the other day in the snow, and when I pulled out my ABS light came on. A little push on the brake confirmed the ABS was not working, as the wheels locked right up and I slid sideways. Once stopped, I shut the truck off, and restarted it. The ABS Light was off, and at the next...
  2. R

my tires are wearing strange

I had a problem with the inside of the front drivers tire that had worn very badly. I pulled the tire off, and my outer tir-rod end was just about ready to brake off. I replased the tie-rod end and rotated the tires and now the front has almost no wear on them after about 10k miles.
  3. R

AC Compressor Clutch

For awhile now, my AC compressor clutch has been engageing on and off about every 20 seconds. This happens no matter what the controls are set to. Today since we had a break in the weather, I hooked up one of those cans of AC recharge with a gauge on it, and the compressor is cycling on at 19...
  4. R

outter tie rod end removal

I got it to start to unscrew, then it just stopped, and wont go on or off now
  5. R

outter tie rod end removal

Are there any tricks to removing the outter tierod end? I was replacing my front shocks today, and tehn I saw that the outter tierod end ont he drivers side was shot. I thought it just unscrewed, but I just can's seem to get it off. It unscrewed a little bit, and then just stopped, I can't...
  6. R

Parking Brake '98 all disc brakes

The parking brake is inside the rear rotors. There should be a small plug on the back side with a star wheel inside that you can adjust the parking pads out with. Or you may need to use the star wheel to adjust them in to remove the rear rotors. I know when I replaced my rear rotors last...
  7. R

Leaking hose???

So what could cause it to be all of a sudden over filled? The fluid was changed over a year ago, and just started leaking this week. It has never been in any deep water or snow that would have been up to the point of vent.
  8. R

Leaking hose???

In this one, you can see all the fluid that has been coming out For those of you with a good eye, yest I know that side is missing an end link, I have new ones, it's just been too cold to put on. If it is the front diff vent, what would cause it to suddenly start leaking. I bought it in...
  9. R

Leaking hose???

Here are a few more pics I just took. It seems a little high to be leaking from a vent tube. It is almost at the hight of the top of the shock. Also, if it is a vent tube why would it be capped?
  10. R

Leaking hose???

Anyone???
  11. R

Leaking hose???

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about
  12. R

Leaking hose???

I was changing the #4 sparkplug today since it cracked again, when I noticed a hose that was leaking. It is a hose that is mounted to the side of the structure that the shock is bolted to at the top. It on the driverside shock tower, and comes up to about the mid level of the shock tower. It...
  13. R

4X4 Auto not working

I guess I'll have to take it into a shop to get looked at.
  14. R

4X4 Auto not working

So in the snow we got the other day, I found out that with the 4x4 selector switch in auto, I don't get the fwd when the rear tires spin. But when I select 4x4 hi or low, all 4 wheels work fine. What would cause the auto4x4 to not work? TIA
  15. R

Pillar pod

Thanks
  16. R

Pillar pod

I have a 2000 XLT and want to put in a pillar pod for some gauges, but everywhere I look, they list them up to 99. Isn't the pillar the same in a 2000? This is where I was looking http://www.egauges.com/vdo_acce.asp?Subgroup=Ford_Explorer&Manf=All
  17. R

Subwoofer install was a failure, HELP.

Like others have said, use a test light or a volt meter to check for power at the amp for your 12v constant and also for your remote turn-on lead. If both check out ok, it may be a bad amp. I've done a lot of amp installs for frieds, and i have had times when it was a bad amp new out of the box.
  18. R

Towing a car with 96 Explorer?

I have a 00 V6 OHV Auto, and had no trouble pulling my 04 Grand Prix on a dual axel flatbed trailer. I did add a tranny cooler and use a weight distrubution hitch. My ex had no problem even going up hill.
  19. R

Cly4 Missfire Cracked plugs

Is there a standard compression range I should expect to get on a 2000 4.0 OHV
  20. R

Trans Leak

So the tranny would have to come out to replace the bell seal?
  21. R

I have not tried swapping the injectors around yet. The way it looks, I would have to do a lot of work to get to the inkectors, and if I'm going to do that much work to get to them, I might as well spend the $40 for a new injector so I wouldn't have to go back in again to replace it if it is...
  22. R

Trans Leak

Any Idea what this trans leak is. Most of it is on the pam, but it looks like there is a trail from the back of the bell housing. See pic 2000 XLT 4.0 OHV Thanks in advanced
  23. R

I don't know if it's an injector, coolant leak, or combo. As exploded99 said above, there is a lot of crud on that plug. exploded99, what do you think, a collant leak?
  24. R

First off, thanks for all the help so far. As as asked above, I checked the #4 plug hole, and it does not appear to habe been helicoiled. I also pulled out #4 again to see how it looked after about a week. No cracks yet, but it was wet. It was hard to tell what the wettness was...
  25. R

The grey stuff on the threads is not anti sieze. I used it when I changed the plugs after I first bought it, bit since I know I will change the plug almost every other oil change I haven't been putting it on. As far as fuel additives, are you talking about what additives come out of the...
Back