Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

mufflers, what sounds good on the 1st gen.

I run no catalytic converters, and a Borla 1 in 2 out with dual chrome 5" tips. Sounds pretty dern good for a 6 cylinder
  2. D

What's the average miles per tank?

well, i went ahead and filled it back up today, i got 235 miles out of it, but i have a feeling i could go even more... but while i was fillin it... i decided it better take more days to put up 235 miles... because i just filled up saturday night
  3. D

What's the average miles per tank?

i've searched for threads on this, but only found ones regarding miles per gallon and such. But how many miles on the average do people go on a full tank of gas? Because i recently just started driving my explorer and my fuel gauge doesn't work, and right now i'm at 160 miles and i really...
  4. D

Fuel economy w/ 31"s

i get anywhere from 12-15 w/ my 93 w/ 127k and 31's w/ 3.27's
  5. D

Mushy steering?

i'm having the exact opposite with my explorer... mine is stiff as hell and doesn't come back to going straight when turning, you have to manually bring the wheel back straight.. But for you, i would have someone turn the wheel while you go under the front of the truck and see if it is the tie...
  6. D

does ANYONE make a mini spool for dana 35??

i've already bought the 4.10's.. they are brand new gears. I was just asking about lockers and such. but i guess i'll just buy an aussie locker for the rear, weld the front, and buy the manual hub kit
  7. D

Well, i do like to wheel, but having open diff's front and rear w/ 3.27's and 31's isn't much fun.. which is why i want 4.10's and locked at both ends.. but this Aussie locker? i've never heard of a locking differential that cheap before, where can you buy them?
  8. D

So if i went to the local junk yard and said that i wanted an entire rear end out of an explorer that had the LS, that would be what i need to do that, and i just sell the 8.8 to a mustang owner or something like that? haha
  9. D

what do you mean the complete LS carrier? I thought i could just get the LS part out and put it in my rear end (3.27 open) with the new gears?
  10. D

All Right then, good deal.. comes out cheaper too, and wouldn't you know my parents bought me a welder for christmas, haha. New question now.. if i were to get the LS out of an explorer w/ rear LS would i be able to put it in my rear end w/ my new 4.10s?
  11. D

But if i weld it, doesn't that mean that it will always be a live axle in the front? or will i still be able to unlock a hub so i can turn easier if i'm in a tight situation?
  12. D

I've looked everywhere for a mini spool for the dana 35 in my explorer, and i cannot find one.. if anyone can find a link to one or anything the help would be much appreciated. I've already ordered manual lock in hubs, and i'm working on ordering my 4.10's and i really don't wanna have new...
  13. D

running one cat

yeah, i run no cats on mine with a borla muffler exiting in the stock location, i gained alot of upper rpm power which was where my truck really needed it... when i get the 4.10's i'll be even happier. SC don't have any emissions or any of that bs so why bother?
  14. D

Overhead Lights, and Mirror lights do not work?

well, the factory radio is in.. but when my truck got stolen they busted my radio so it lights up green, but doesn't play, and none of my interior lights work except the speedometer lights and the a/c lights and radio lights
  15. D

Overhead Lights, and Mirror lights do not work?

The overhead lights and the mirror lights on the visors do not work. i've checked the fuses under the dash and they're all ok. Any ideas?
  16. D

Explorer shuts off....

well, it's still having the same problem even after i cleaned everything, but all i have to do is put it in drive or reverse and keep the brake on and give it some gas and it doesn't do it after that, but the rpms still drop on the intial time (when puttin into reverse or drive when cold) and if...
  17. D

Explorer shuts off....

sometimes when my explorer isn't fully warmed up, when i put it into reverse or drive it will stumble then shut off. But if i let it warm all the way up it's fine? any ideas, the truck is all stock
  18. D

whats faster, explorer or civic?

Well... i think i'll just stick to my plan of getting a LT1 Trans Am or Z28.. since my explorer moves at the rate of turtle and my brothers built crx can't hold a candle to my mom's hemi pickup.. why get anything other than Chevrolet Performance?
  19. D

bad gas mileage problem

anywhere from 11-15 w/ 3.27's and 31s and the pedal to the floor just to get to the speed limit
  20. D

Lift Ideas

off topic.. but what is the Least amount of lift you need to fit 35x12.50s?
  21. D

Heater no worky

mine works.. but it takes FOREVER to get nice and warm.. do you think mine is sorta clogged, like just enough to make it take awhile to get heat?
  22. D

Cat removal

i'm takin the cats off of mine and welding in a smaller diameter tubing in place of them to keep the low end torque.. and a higher flow muffler to further the flow
  23. D

3in. lift for under $40.00

i've thought about putting some 1.5in longer coils in my truck with a small home built rear shackle lift, just so my tires don't rub the back of my frame so much during those flex times
  24. D

Radius Bushings

yeah... don't drive the truck if your bushings are gone.. i had to replace the passenger side radius arm bracket (50 bucks from the junk yard)
  25. D

damn thing wont turn over

it's not shootin sparks out of the starter is it? mine was havin the same problem except every now and then it would shoot some sparks out the starter, i had it rebuilt locally and haven't had a problem since
Back