Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Considering an 02 Explorer

thats the plan, im no longer into hauling ass everywhere i go. I got people to live for now, people to keep safe with my driving lol
  2. A

What would the symptoms of the servo bore issue be? does the transmission have to come out to fix that?
  3. A

Thats definitely the kind of info I've been looking for. Thank you, looks very clean by the way.
  4. A

yeah, i've driven it. It's fine. at least it was the last time i drove it lol
  5. A

My father offered me his 02 Explorer. he is a mechanic and kept it in good condition. recently he did the Timing Chains on the engine. Lows KMs. Under 150k. but they're looking for something smaller. I would get it for very cheap. My thing is, i had always considered 02 Explorers 100% failure...
  6. A

Will 31x10.50. Fit my 92 explorer 4x4 without lift kit?

31 on old worn suspension. I only ever rubbed at full lock on the Anti Sway Bar
  7. A

Window Glue?

I used a black urethan that they use for installing windshields rhat my father had. Hopefully it'll set. I haven't touched it in almost 24hours since its averaging 2°c outside. Hopefully it'll set strong It was messy because it was cold out and I did it all through the speaker hole lol
  8. A

Window Glue?

I didn't see anything like that
  9. A

Window Glue?

Well, after 28 years my window has finally separated from the track. It looks like the glue or... adhesive has let go from the window. What would I use to regluw the window back to the metal tab? And how coukdnineasily remove the old glue?
  10. A

1993 4.0L V6 idling issues and running rough/Transmission issues connected?

Vacuum could be a factor for sure... have you tried disconnecting the MAF to see if there is any change? My next guess would be Throttle Position Sensor
  11. A

Engine Missfire

Engine should have abou 150,00kms on it now. Auto Fuel pump and Filter have been replaced recently
  12. A

Engine Missfire

341 565 111 Sooooo that didnt help much.
  13. A

Engine Missfire

Hose appears good. Havent checked for codes yet.
  14. A

Engine Missfire

Replaced plugs and cleaned MAF. Removed timing shunt Idle is good, still a bit chuggy under load.
  15. A

Engine Missfire

vaccum lines are as good as theyve always been. plug wires are also attatched to proper firing order
  16. A

Engine Missfire

So, I appear to have a misfire. I replaced the plugs and wires two years ago. They seem to be good. If i remove the wires one by one from the coil pack it runs worse on each cylinder. So i am unsure if it is plugs or wires. Where should i look next?
  17. A

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

I would like to add, ive been running 31's for 2 years now and they only rub at full lock on the front of the sway bar. 92 explorer
  18. A

Fed up with this Explorer so I came here$

I would think that if it is running awful with the MAF connected and Disconnected then it could very well be a faulty MAF sensor. MAFis VERY important, o2 sensor maybe not so much as its only before the cat. Could you take a video of it running or anything? Is it possible that you may have...
  19. A

Dying right after start up? Weird issue, totally stumped. Videos

soooooo after work I pulled the evap line off while it was running. Canister side, nothing. Throttle body side of the sensor... Oil? IM thinking it was getting sucked in from the valve cover into the intake tube and settling in the throttle body line??????? ****ing WHAT?
  20. A

I'll try it after work... wouldn't that be a kick in the dick.
  21. A

the Evap thing you described makes sense because it does kind of seem like a strong vacuum leak. however I'll have to research how to do anything with it as I know nothing about how they work lol
  22. A

I will give those a try! does this tell you anything about the IACV?
  23. A

Low Idle and Stall at Start

I JUST made a post very similar to this... only thing is, I don't think my vehicle has an EGR... but here's the link, I have videos. Does it seem similar? https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/dying-right-after-start-up-weird-issue-totally-stumped-videos.486888/
  24. A

So my explorer has been acting up lately. Mornings when I go to work it will die right after start up unless I give it extra throttle, during the day when it seems warmer it might idle fine but die right when I put it in gear. other times it might just barely idle and buck and chug when I'm not...
  25. A

1992 Explorer. Fuel pump or MAF

the ECT returned 4.73Volts. whic is "around 5 volts?"
Back