Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Mushy brakes 2007 Explorer limited

I know this is an old thread but very informative. To the OP did you ever resolve the issues?
  2. R

Brake pedal mushy & not safe, Ford says it's ok and no tsb on it-?

I just got a 08 Mountaineer that after my buddy changed the front brake pads, rotors, and calipers (he bled) the pedal goes to the floor. Did some searching and some say replace brake pedal assembly following the TSB...
  3. R

2010 Mountaineer Replacement Radio Head Unit

Will it integrate with steering wheel controls and factory DVD playback?
  4. R

Wow that’s good news! Did the Nav work in the other vehicle or did you have to install antennae?
  5. R

Hello i just picked up a 08 Mountaineer AWD. It’s missing radio head unit (recovered steal). Is there a website that I can find the part# of the head unit. It’s loaded incl DVD so I assume it had Navi unit but maybe it’s possible that it had the 6 CD indash radio non Navi unit. Looking online...
  6. R

Running Board Problem

Took mines to a shop to replace manifolds (another common issue) and the tech/owner lubricated it and it now works. Funny a few weeks ago Ford said it was bad because the hinge points (forgot the name) were bad.
  7. R

2007 Explorer Ltd 4.6l code P0420

If not anyone have recommendation for convertors? I found Magnaflow and Walker sell them with Walker cheaper.
  8. R

Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing

That's a nice looking set up. I love those 5.0l's had one and miss it. With the flowmasters and deletes it must sound real mean.
  9. R

Ignition Coil Cost/Quality

Some have said Denso are the original manufacturer are the coils. Is that true?
  10. R

I believe the exhaust leak is on the driver side and the bad readings are coming from the passenger side. I was hoping to separate the problems because the exhaust leak can be a costly repair. Ford quoted 17 hours to remove engine so now I am looking for independent shop to replace manifolds...
  11. R

2008 Explorer door gasket/weather seals

Yeah I am on my second Explorer with this issue. The previous one I could move the weatherstripping and it stopped the one I have now when I move it, it slides back.
  12. R

Hello I just got a 07 Explorer Ltd with 4.6l 3v that had bad missing issues and manifold exhaust leak when I got it. It sounded horrible and drove just as bad. I replaced 3 coils and all 8 plugs so miss is gone and after driving about 40 miles the P0420 code came up (only misfiring codes for...
  13. R

Ignition Coil Cost/Quality

I just got a 07 Explorer Ltd that ran horrible (another story) that had codes for missing on 2 cylinders. I replaced coil on one, the other had coil disconnected so I replaced that coil and found out the plug was broken so changed that. Then I had codes on 2 other cylinders so after removing...
  14. R

Running Board Problem

Oh no I just got a 07 Explorer Ltd and the drivers side was inop and I saw it was disconnected. I cleaned out both plugs and reconnected it now I just get the beep when I open and close the doors and interesting sometimes when driving down the street. I hope it isn't the motor because I looked...
  15. R

Kenne Bell Supercharged Explorer...

Wow great (and old) thread. I've always wanted to SC an Explorer!
  16. R

2006 Explorer Throttle Body/ TPS Problems/Wrench light?

I've had this 06 Explorer XLT 4.0L for a few weeks. Today while driving I felt a buckle in the drivetrain then the wrench symbol illuminated. I drove another few blocks then went into the store. When I came out and restarted the CEL light also was on and the shifting was definitely different. On...
  17. R

2006 Ford Explorer 4.0 EGR Valve Help

Hello I am also trying to clean or replace the EGR valve on a 06 XLT 4.0L and would appreciate any help or info.
  18. R

Diff between Mountaineer AWD trans to 4wd trans

Hello I found a clean 05 Mountaineer 4.0L AWD with a bad trans. Could I use a trans off of a 4wd Mountaineer or Explorer or is the trans different in the AWD model? Thanks
  19. R

part number for coolant tee

I just had a leak in my T fitting also. Do the hoses pull off or do they have to be cut off? What size is the hose? On my truck it is a Y fitting with 90 bends like a true T not like the angled one in the above diagram.
  20. R

2002 Explorer 4.0 Coolant Leak, Heater Hose?

Glad I found this from an internet search. On the way to work my truck starting spewing out a lot of smoke. TUrned around and went home and lost heat soon and wondered did I warp a head. Refilled with antifreeze today and started it and saw it spraying from the t fitting. How is the hose...
  21. R

Need help understanding TPMS

Now that is good news! Could you tell me the seller or make of the model you bought (or link)? Thanks
  22. R

Need help understanding TPMS

Hello Just bought my 4th Explorer a 06 XLT 4.0L 4x4 and the TPMS sensor gave a warning on dash (not the low air light). I took it to Firestone to get 4 new tires and they said one of the sensors was bad and quoted me a price of 200 to fix/replace it. I have been looking and see there is a valve...
  23. R

4.6l performance mods

I have been asking the question myself since I got mines in 07. They use the same engine as the Mustangs which have a ton of mods including exhaust, cams, heads and superchargers but I have only seen one outfit that mods the Explorers and they use a supercharger. They have videos on youtube if...
  24. R

Highest mileage on 06 and up Explorers (over 100K miles)

I bought my 06 Ltd with 22K miles in 07 now has about 108K. Used as a daily driver and tows my 8,000 boat whenever I take it out. I had the exhaust leak (ticking sound on start up), wheel bearings, cheapo Ford batteries replaced twice, timing or cam timing chain replaced and radio/CD changer all...
  25. R

Ford Max batteries

I read elsewhere that Ford now uses a different manufacturer for their batteries for awhile. I bought mines in 07 and have been through 2 dealer installed batteries. Luckily the 2nd one went bad so fast it was still covered under warranty so it was a free replacement.
Back