Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Brake fluid upgrade in 01 EST

Yep, DOT 4 is fully compatible, just stay away from DOT 5, it will destroy your braking system.
  2. T

Brakes

Drilled or slotted rotors will NOT reduce pad life, they will also not improve stopping power. They will actually slightly reduce it. The slots and/or holes reduce the surface area of the rotor so there is less for the pad to grab on to. Where they could help you is over long periods of hard...
  3. T

Torque Monster Headers Install Write-up and Review

I'm with you in the wires I think I've burned up 4 or 5 of the 7 or 8 wire. Also the 4x4 error code can be fixed by plugging a 4x4 switch from another explorer in behind the radio.
  4. T

JP goes LED, Interior and Rock Lights

Mine arrived today a month after shipping.
  5. T

Caliper Covers or Painting/Powder Coating

Agreed covers look stupid, pony up and get some real big brakes, or powdercoat your existing calipers if you want to improve the looks.
  6. T

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

Wheels and tires shouldn't cause any issues since the weight would be distributed over a large area. The problems would come from putting in a heavy object with a small surface area on the floor like an anvil.
  7. T

Do I need more Injector/Fuel pump

If boost is a possibility for the future I say just throw the 30's in now so you don't have to mess with them later. If your keeping the factory computer I would recommend henson performance to do the tuning. He can write you a tune that will have you really close without you having to mess with...
  8. T

Do I need more Injector/Fuel pump

30lb injectors are plenty, stock explorer pump will be fine as well.
  9. T

My new Ranger FX4 Dailey Driver-I love it!

I don't know if I can even count the number of times that a vehicle of yours was going to remain stock and then ended up lifted up and wheeled.:D
  10. T

cracked diff. and running hot.

Diff oil is usually clearish, I've seen red and purple though. It usually comes out black by the time it's drained. If it looks like chocolate milk then that means you've gotten water in there which is never a good thing. After you change the fluid you'll want to make sure you extend your...
  11. T

Something w/ rabbits. 72.5 pages of BS

Well there are 168 hours in a week, so the way I see it that leave at least 163 hours for working in the grarage. :D
  12. T

Something w/ rabbits. 72.5 pages of BS

Any progress?
  13. T

Best front Brake Pads?

You get crappy pads for that $80 though, he's comes off to me as wanting stopping power as opposed to saving a few dollars.
  14. T

Iphone 4 update iOS 5.1.1

It's all a part of being on the "cutting edge" of technology. Devices get updated and then don't play nice with other devices. You'll just have to wait for ford to release an update which will hopefully come soon. It's most likely a problem in Fords programming of MFT if it still works in your...
  15. T

i just grinded my gears for the first time :(

I think he means he can't take off in first without applying throttle to keep the motor going. It's just one of those things that comes with time as you get a good feel for the clutch.
  16. T

cowl hood?

explorerexpress.com might still have some in stock, but they are expensive and require lots of finishing making it even more expensive. Other than that your only options are going to be getting someone to make a custom one for you.
  17. T

351 w swap

Get in contact with pufferfish, he may still have a lot of the parts you would need for the swap. And if he doesn't his threads have lots of good info in them. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335841
  18. T

May 2012 TOTM - Best Shot at an EF event

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be an rbv.
  19. T

Fire!!!

You are correct, USB is 5v and most output 500mA or 1A. Most devices draw 500mA, but larger devices like iPads draw 1A.
  20. T

Best front Brake Pads?

You can get hawk hps pads for the sport tracs, with those and some cryo treated powerslots you would be hard pressed to hurt them. Also don't forget to flush your brake fluid out every year or two, fresh fluid makes a huge difference.
  21. T

Sport trac turbo manifolds?

Yep, they don't exist, you'll have to have them custom built or go remote turbo like most guys on this site.
  22. T

SMORR 2012 Photos & Trip Reports

Yeah I don't think anything has officially been setup yet but we have gone there on halloween weekend the last 3 or 4 years. Halloween falls on Wednesday this year so your son won't miss walking around to get candy.
  23. T

Here are a few of my videos, the rest are of the barrel racing and since Jon already put similar versions of them up I won't post them here but you can find them by looking at my videos on youtube. Here is Chad showing off some of the benefits of a long wheelbase, crawling right up that ledge...
  24. T

Maybe Rick should be the winner since he was actually running in 4-low, not sure that anyone else was doing that?
Back