Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

1995 - Dora the explorer SAS

yes steering box. using the 3/4 ton dodge box.
  2. B

updates: 1- went to IL for vacation for 2 weeks. 2- kid had tonsilectomy 3- i had tonsilectomy (blucking sucks) 4-oh the truck? :) no real work done on my part. my uncle is building the motor. i need to finish up the suspension on the front. i have the leafs and everything ready but now...
  3. B

95 ex 351/C6/208-205 doubler - dana 60s in progress

the motor is at my uncle's speed shop in covington georgia being rebuilt. Simpson Family Racing. should have a website up soon. the heads are being ported and polished, new rings and seals, a mild cam, and rebuild the carb. not too much going on as i recently changed jobs and have been in...
  4. B

sorry guy everything on my ex is different now. the sway bar and its mounts are long gone. now is the front end from a dodge 3/4 ton. the only thing i have is the diagram above. all i did was make mounting brackets and mounted the sway bar like a ranger or BKO. my inbox is not full now. sorry.
  5. B

Toddious become's elite!

i agree with your bolt-on approach. i too prefer bolting to welding. the welding shop probably just went with what was quicker for them. though i would be willing to put faith in the machine shop welds. the point i make is that with 4 brackets professionally welded on to the frame it will be...
  6. B

Toddious become's elite!

i think all the fab work is soooo fab! :) congrats todd thats the prettiest ex ive ever seen! its good to see a guy who can envision his goal and make a tedious plan and stick to it to get it all done. goes to show all the young guys (old guys too) that if you pinch your pennies, do your...
  7. B

RU planning to put a 302 in your X?

ive always been interested in seing a diesel explorer. my V8(351w H.O.) swap is slow going. got the money, got all the parts just aint got the time. i was planning on being done by now but looks like it will be april/may. i have to be done by the end of may so ill update then.
  8. B

lift gate curvature 95 vs 99 ???

thanks for the info. im searching for that thread now. i am making a limited number of bumpers now. i have made a few in the past for myself and locals but am starting to branch out and offer services to others. i can build you anything you want. tube bumpers are easy. what do you have in...
  9. B

lift gate curvature 95 vs 99 ???

hey guys, i am building a bumper for a 99 xlt. i have a 95 xlt. the concern has been raised by the fellow im building this for (CG on this site) that the curve of the rear gate on his 99 has more arch than on my 95. I am using my truck as a base for my design. i dont have any access to a 99...
  10. B

been raining off and on and working OT but i have gotten some parts got the tcase the other day. its awesome. i gotta figure a top moutning solution. this mama is huge. im also looking at having to use a rear gas tank for sure. lets hope that the BKO tank will fit. my GM hub parts got here...
  11. B

slow progress - my kids, wife and i have been trading off being sick but things are starting to come together. the body is off. i borrowed a porta power unit and jacked the body off the frame about a foot. i cut some 4x4s about 4' long and dug 2 holes on each side of the truck with my PHD...
  12. B

RETREAD TIRES?!

i was going to get some37" retreeads but i ended up with 40" ground hawgs.
  13. B

thanks morgan. thats funny though - my nickname is "punch and turn" i think im going to have to just use a no-slip or tracloc instead of the ezlocker like i planned on.
  14. B

thanks rino. talking with a guy on pirate about a divorced 205 tcase. i have a d44 out of the same truck i got the d60 rear from but it doesnt have manual hubs. it has fulltime hub flange. will cost about 250 to convert using chevy outers. should i use what i got since its cheap and...
  15. B

sounds familiar. i love them personally. they are quieter than the 33 uniroyal mts i had. a friend of mine has the exact size GHs on his chevy. they are fairly standard issue in the swamps around here too. pretty much TSLs and GHs. only the uptown guys run boggers.
  16. B

you get an attaboy and the mutual respect and admiration of the greater 4x4 community! or come to florida with your eb and ill buy the beer. bought them from this guy for $300. he says he just drove them around town hardly ever offroad.
  17. B

bought some tires and rims from a guy on pirate not sure they are big enough though here is a pic of the size anyone wanna guess what kind of rubbers they are?
  18. B

RETREAD TIRES?!

it means that if you are buying some with green diamonds you need to buy 4 at once so that it covers their costs. green diamonds are a synthetic fiberlike pieces that they add to increase traction. Hank Grimmick from this board has them on his suzuki and likes them. they are for pees up north...
  19. B

RETREAD TIRES?!

i never did but 2 guys in my club have them one of them is on his second set. they are awesome! it is very interesting that this has been brought up as my tire budget is getting tight. i was thinking baout getting the 37s. i figure i can run them until i save up for some big meats and new rims...
  20. B

oh yeah a few links :) git box and shocks http://store.summitracing.com/productdetail.asp?p=2347
  21. B

its been nasty cold and rainy for the past week - i think most folks are dealing with that. at least its not snow. ive got the body bolts off and used a porta power unit to jack it up and put 4x4s under the body mounts. on the motor mounts i have decided to chizel out the rivets on the motor...
  22. B

5.0 swap poll

ill post pics when i actually get it in but i decided what to do about my motor mounts... the motor mounts are welded to the engine crossmember which is riveted to the frame. im going to chizel off the rivets and install the crossmember with motor mounts straight into the ex.i can even leave it...
  23. B

thanks for the compliments bmxking5! lawrenceville is close enough for you to come wheeling in buckville sometime! im 50 miles south of valdosta. db-1 thanks for the compliment. though i agree the beadlocks would be better in the long run - the safety bead is FREE since i have the rod laying...
  24. B

check out this rad article on 16.5 rim safety beads. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum....1&pp=25 basically the guy is welding on a ****** inner safety bead. i cant find the pics but he has a pic of him wheeling at 5psi with the tire all wrinkled and it is still not blowing a bead. its...
Back