Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Where to wheel in Dallas, GA area?

I’ve lived in California my entire life and have wheeled most all the trails in SoCal. However, I’ve relocated to Dallas, GA and don’t have any idea where I can go wheeling. The folks I’ve talked to around here only know where there are areas to play in the mud but they aren’t folks that go...
  2. R

Old member first time posting. My SAS.

Wow, I haven't updated this page in a while! But I really haven't done much to the truck though. I changed the stereo head unit to a new one that has BlueTooth, swapped the single Sony 5 channel amp (40x4 + 120x1) for dual JBL amps (40x4 + 1200x1) and built a box for an old MTX Thunder 8000 12...
  3. R

SOA: Don't lose your third shock & track bars!!! ***PICS***

A panhard bar doesn't eliminate axle wrap, it eliminates side to side movement of the axle.
  4. R

SOA: Don't lose your third shock & track bars!!! ***PICS***

It's there to help eliminate axle wrap on acceleration.
  5. R

I added a couple of 4in. LED lights to the rear of my roof rack for backing up. They aren't super bright like the front ones but they're way better than just the reverse lights. You can actually see what's around you when backing up at night offroading. I made a couple tabs that I welded onto...
  6. R

I'll have to look to see if I can find the original pictures. I explained on the first page of this thread what I did. Since I used leaf springs for the conversion it was fairly simple. I built a front crossmember with square tubing and then used more square tubing for the front spring mounts...
  7. R

I downloaded the Firefox extension that allows me to see the images so I took a screen shot of the pictures, saved them and uploaded to another site so I could post them again. The first few pictures are how it was mounted when I had the V6. I didn't do the original mounting, I paid a shop to...
  8. R

Sorry, I don't have the originals and when I try to download them from Photobucket they are screwed up. I can take some pictures of the box though and try to post them here. Let me know if that would help.
  9. R

Sorry about the pictures. They are on my Photobucket account so no one can see them anymore. I'll see if I can find the originals and then upload them somewhere else.
  10. R

Yes, mine had rack and pinion. I used a steering box from a first gen Explorer when I did mine but I don't like the ratio. I heard the F150 is better but a friend gave me the Explorer one for free so that's what I used. My steering wheel take four turns lock to lock.
  11. R

My First Whoops

It doesn't look the same since the fire. This section is the V notch that was right after you drove through the all of the trees.
  12. R

My First Whoops

After almost 30 years of off-roading I had my first whoops. This happened on 2N17X on January 1st. after tipping my Explorer on it's side I had three guys stand on the rocker bars and I backed it up and back on all fours. I then ran the hill again and made it all the way up but I was the only...
  13. R

rjcooperss396 V6 to V8 Swap

Sorry but no. I took everything down to a recycling yard and scrapped it.
  14. R

How about today? They are all on my photobucket and I heard they went down yesterday.
  15. R

Then I bolted it on and ran the wiring.
  16. R

Then I made the base for the light bar and painted the rack. I test fitted it with the light mounted and decided I didn't like how high the light sat with the way I had the mounts. So I cut them off and lowered them. I also added aluminum sheet under the light to keep it from glaring off...
  17. R

I've wanted to build a roof rack with a mount for a LED light bar for a while now. While talking to my nephew a couple weeks ago he told me that he had a bunch of 1 inch square tube that I can have plus a 40 inch light bar so I decided now is the time to build one. I searched online to get an...
  18. R

I don't have any of the box installed but I do have some from when I had to modify the bracket for the V8 swap. The bracket in the old position. The hole in the frame. The piece I removed. 0 Welded in place.
  19. R

Truckhaven 20th Anniversary Run MLK Weekend Jan. 15-17

I'm out. I'm doing a track day that weekend at California Speedway in my Cobra.
  20. R

I used a Dana 30 off a Jeep Cherokee for mine. It is 1.5 inches wider than the factory width of the Explorer if I remember correctly and I moved it 1.5 inches forward so that the 33s I planned to run would have the same clearance from the fender as the 31s I was running had.
  21. R

Truckhaven 20th Anniversary Run MLK Weekend Jan. 15-17

I might be able to make it but I need to fix my Explorer first. I broke another front axle on Dish Pan in Big Bear a couple weeks ago so I need to get new axleshaft. I also need to do the ball joints on the passenger side which I think contributed to the breakage.
  22. R

Whaaat? Bronco + Explorer =

That's ugly!
  23. R

New 5.0L built, low compression and horrible MPG

I just went out and did a compression test on cylinder 8 (easiest to get to) on my Explorer which has about 10,000 miles on the 306. Everything is stock except for what I mentioned before which is the bump in compression. Mine cracks 150psi on my gauge. That's also what the old 302 in my...
Back