Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Funny Car Boost

Well, being that the original poster was talking about the MATCO funny car that runs in NHRA I figured that was a safe assumption. Or is there another 7500 hp MATCO top fuel funny car that I am not familiar with?
  2. B

Funny Car Boost

Not to dig up an old thread but the NHRA funny cars are limited to 500 ci.
  3. B

Creeping while in Park...revisited.

Yeah that's the guy that I was talking about. Send him an email and he may be able to help you out as well. I don't know if they do any of the earlier model ones or not.
  4. B

Like this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7971410559&category=33738&sspagename=WDVW
  5. B

New from Ford they are like $500 or more. I did find a guy that sold rebuilt ones for like 220 shipped. I am trying to find what I did with his email address though. If I can dig it up I will let you know. Do know if you had the CV driveshaft or the non-CV? My 98 AWD had a CV driveshaft.
  6. B

Creeping while in Park

Mine does this but it is because I currently have the front driveshaft out. The CV went bad and I haven't gotten around to getting a new one yet. I'd check first and make sure it has the front driveshaft installed. Then I'd check out the transfer case. It's definitely not supposed to do that.
  7. B

Second Gen Center Consol Rattle?

Anyone been able to fix their center consol rattle? It wasn't too bad until I got my new wheels and it's a lot more obvious now. That thing is always shaking it seems.
  8. B

Code for Door Locks

Pull the door off on the driver's side where the jack sits. Then the look in the hole towars the front of the front of the vehicle. It's hard to see but with a flashlight you can see it. I had to bend the bracket on mine a tad in order to read all the digits. That gives you the default code...
  9. B

Need to pull halfshafts in driveway ASAP

You can run without the front driveshaft but not the half shafts. The half shafts are cheap. Check Autozone. They were like 80 bucks a piece there.
  10. B

Suspension Sliding When Turning??

Every time I turn hard to the right it seems like something is sliding in the front suspension. The tire isn't sliding but the body seems to shif on the suspension. Anyone ever have this happen? It doesn't seem to happen at all when I turn hard to the left. I also notice it when I am turning...
  11. B

Need to pull halfshafts in driveway ASAP

I did this in my garage in an evening. It was real easy. Hardest part was getting the a-arm to seperate from the spindle. I ended up just shooting it with some nut buster stuff several times and then tapping it out with hammer. Don't even bother with the splittler deals as they are a...
  12. B

hit and run, california love?

That sucks man. I've had that happen to me, although not to that extent. Hopefully your insurance company comes thru for you.
  13. B

Help! Trying to disconnect upper ball joint

I finally got the new half shaft in. I had to remove the ring and file a little bit of it off and then comress it down. It was just too big. After I did that it poped in with a few taps of the BFM.
  14. B

Ok new problem. I got the old one out but now I can't get the new one to go all the way in. The little retaining ring seems to stick out farther then on the old one. I can get the splines lined up but it won't pop past the ring. Is there a trick to this?
  15. B

I was using the smallest one first and it broke in half. One half of the fork just went flying across the garage. Well I finally did get it off there. The nut buster stuff had time to soak in and I was able to tap it out with a hammer. Got the half shaft out as well. Just a note for anyone...
  16. B

Yes. Sorry just edited my last post to note that. Of course if the PITA the removal of the rotor is any indicator I may be in for a chore. The rotor was actually seized to the hub. Guessing it's never been off. I ended up having to remove the whole hub assembly by removing the 3 bolts on...
  17. B

No, I know the ball joint doesn't seperate from the upper control arm. I am just trying to disconnect it so I can get the suspension to hang down enough so that I can get the CV half shaft out. I have the spindle nut out. But I can't get that little ******* to come off. I even broke one of...
  18. B

How do you get the upper ball joint to seperate? I have been working on this for a couple hours now with no success. I have one of those pickle fork deals and it doesn't budge. I sprayed it down good with some nut buster stuff but that hasn't seemed to help either. I need to get it disconnected...
Back