Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. ryf

Roll call

theres "some" in Ironton, but its only soso since its a strip mine that turned into an ORV park.. I use my exploreremostly to get to fishing holes these days.
  2. ryf

Roll call

thanks, works had me going alot, now I'm down to 7 out 7 home, so should be able to check in more. my whole life went stagnant for a year, so don't feel like your the only ones. I missed you guys too.
  3. ryf

Roll call

Ryland F Portsmouth, ohio and since most people don't know where that is... Find us-23, go south, when you hit us-52, your basically as "downtown" as it gets... originally from NC.
  4. ryf

the "right" brake line flaring tool

I replaced my line to the rear, and the side to side lines on the rear end... is there and easy way to get air of the ABS device? I'm not interested in paying ford to bleed it, so if not I'll take it out, since it doesnt work as far as I can tell. I plan on running new lines to the front as...
  5. ryf

hmm.. that explains the "wrapped around a pipe coil" look I've seen (like something you'd see on a still) must have been to use up the rest of a length. prefabbed sounds really good. I've never done brake line work, but lots of pneumatic and hydraulic work... are aluminum lines worth looking...
  6. ryf

fair enough... they are cheap, maybe I'll buy two, what I don't want is to have to get another halfway through the project.
  7. ryf

Onboard Air Electric

fillup time is reasonable, a few minutes, the two tanks gave me more than enough air to reseat a rear lawn tractor tire bead (ratchet strap method), fill it, and have little leftover. I have used it 2-3 times to air back up after off-roading a little far from home. i pretty much cut it on, start...
  8. ryf

so now that my ex is play only... my brake line on my rear axle caught a snag... since they are all kinda rusty, I was thinking of retubing the whole truck, hard and soft lines on the brakes. when I was playing with it realized how bad it was. so we all know brake line flaring tools are...
  9. ryf

Onboard Air Electric

sorry for my delay in answering working has absorbed me lately I went to a local welding supply(being its a small town they also do medical gas) and bought them, the key is ask for some OLD STEEL medical gas containers, since most of these places can't rent/move them since they weigh about...
  10. ryf

Ford 8.8" Coil Conversion?

I have the chassis Engineering by herb adams, it isn't a do it this way book, but it explains the concept and determining factors requiring consideration well enough to design your own.. its not expensive and it would give good examples of the different options.. big downside is it is mostly...
  11. ryf

tranny puked, possibly in overflow

ok, after my OTR, I've torn it down and found the cause.... talk about stupido, I split a hose on the tranny cooler line.. added a second aux cooler (have tow package original) and deleted radiator cooler, definitely should aid in cooling the dark color in the rad tank was because my father...
  12. ryf

sounds like a start, any other (be advised I'm OTR tommorow, check back later)
  13. ryf

ok... I'm pretty sure its dead dead, but heres what I do know, trans fluid outside the tranny, but hard to tell where from (was driving 55 when it happened, so its everywhere), there is definitely very little fluid in tranny currently, as well as alot of extra dark/nasty fluid in the coolant...
  14. ryf

Onboard Air Electric

that wouldn't be bad if its a really small nailer, but you need a 12v good compressor, or you'll be waiting not working.
  15. ryf

700r4 stuff

hmm, cool, I'm not hookin it up to my explorer, I'm building a car, the 4.3 and the 700r4 are going in together, later a 350 will go in.
  16. ryf

New seats for the Pumpkin

LOL @ all of you.. Jefe, you made me think of 70's Show when they go BBBUUUURRRRNNNNN!!!
  17. ryf

'91 700r4 setup

I did put this in the Tranny section, but since most of the guys doing the 700r4 thing are off-roaders, I'll try here. I have a 700r4, bolted to a 4.3, I'm going to run this in my custom car, until I put aside enough funds for a 350 v8 & th350, so I'm doing minimums to get inspected. I'm...
  18. ryf

700r4 stuff

bumpity for day crew
  19. ryf

700r4 stuff

I have this 700r4 and motor, and I'm wondering if I need anything electronic to run the tranny. from what I remember, its just the throttle cable assembly, but before I go blow a tranny, I thought I'd ask.
  20. ryf

Built Ford TOUGH!

I lived in Columbus for about a year, its like NASCAR without a helmet, rollcage, or restrictor plates at times.. but not as bad as washington DC. It IS the only place I've known where 6 times last year people drove into oncoming traffic on a 4 lane (and got caught). Drivers in ohio in general...
  21. ryf

biggest tires on stock 93 explorer

stock other than levelling out the rear, 31's get 3.75 or 4.00 backspacing 15x8"s if your paying for new ones, it will make sure it won't rub, and if you go to 33's later you'll be covered.
  22. ryf

Hot site/metals

http://www.onlinemetals.com/ try here, been recommended here before **edit** might have been a car building site, not here... still comes recommended
  23. ryf

Ryf's Elite Explorer Registry

it's currently just about the same as it was there..... its currently fugly ###tional, the compressor sits right in front of it, works really really well, not tried air tools. Works taken a turn and I'm busier than usual. but as of that pic, it was "fabbed" it just needed to be taken apart and...
  24. ryf

Ford gets tough w/employees

the problem is, the way I read your posts Jimcom, they came across just as opinionated, and hint of whine.... I don't dislike you, nor I would assume Gjarrett does either. Your opinion is "validated" but not really understood, I at this point still don't understand where your coming from, nor...
  25. ryf

Any one try this????

search... this has been discussed.
Back