Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

2002 Ranger check engine light

The in-laws '02 4L Ranger seems to be idling a little high and the engine light is on. Any ideas other than vac leaks? Can I get the engine codes without a tool? Any help would be apreciated. Thanx.
  2. F

99 XLT Window Regulator

Are you sure there aren't rivets holding the glass rail to the regulator? Possibly even bolts. That's the way the first gen's are. It is easy drilling them out. I think a 1/4" drill bit was used. I rebuilt three of my regulators using home made bushings. That is what goes on them regulators...
  3. F

HELP! Stock Axle sizes?

LMAO!! Right on.
  4. F

HELP! Stock Axle sizes?

Thanx. That's what I thought, but I wasn,t 100% sure. I'd imagine that the newer IFS models would be the Dana 28 I guess? Oh well now I can go ahead and order the parts. I've missed alot of trail runs this summer because of this darn ball joint. May as well finally fix it and do both while I'm...
  5. F

HELP! Stock Axle sizes?

I tried to order upper and lower ball joints from my local parts store and they need to know wether I have a Dana 28 or a Dana 35. The dealer can't even tell me which it is. I have a '91 ex with 3:73 ls, manual hubs. Does any one know wether it is a 35 or 28? The axle code is a 4ld. I really...
  6. F

Lift help Please!

That's more like the price I thought I heard. If I can get one for that price, then by the time I pay duty charges and exchange the Canadian funds to U.S. funds, I will still come way ahead. Thanx man!
  7. F

Lift help Please!

I want to purchase a 4 or 5 inch suspension lift kit for my '91 4x4 ex. What are the names of some of the parts dealers I can contact in the States to get one? Up here they want $1400 bucks and I was sure I heard much cheaper prices mentioned on this site before. Any help will be appreciated...
  8. F

4x4 Parts Supplier?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to order after market 4x4 parts(lift kits, tires, etc.) from down there in the States, preferably somewhere closer to the north, that will send them up here C.O.D. The parts places up here want far too much for lift kits and stuff. I just need a 4"...
  9. F

A4LD No 4th gear

Lockup torque selenoid?
  10. F

Radius Arms, Bearings...PROBLEM

Make sure you replace the races with the bearings. I just made the mistake of replacing mine without replacing the races and now I have to do it all over again. You have to take the brakes apart and take the rotors off. There will be a lock ring with notches in it. There is a special tool for...
  11. F

'91 front bearing race removal and install

Right on. I replaced the bearings on the one side without changing the races. Duh! Now I gotta do it all over again the right way because they never stopped howling. I guess some people have to learn the hard way. LOL. Thanks guys Peace
  12. F

'91 front bearing race removal and install

I've got a '91 4x4 with manual hubs . Can I get the bearing races out of the rotor myself or do I have to bring the rotors and new races to a shop to have them pressed out and in? Thanx in advance. Peace
  13. F

1994 Brake lights not working

Sounds like the switch to me. It's not the bulbs is it? LOL. Have someone hold the brake pedal on while you check for power at the sockets.There also could be a short in the trailer wiring. Good luck. Peace
  14. F

clunk in powertrain, when stepping from brakes to gas

Yah, what he said!
  15. F

'87 Heep Cherokee front spindle replacement.

I would like to get my friend with his stock Cherokee running so we can go mudding this weekend. He picked up a used front spindle because his bearings are shot! What i'd like to know is, do I have to seperate the axleshaft at the U-joint in order to get the spindle off? And which ball joint do...
  16. F

Help rodent in my dash!!!!

Just leave a cat in the truck over night with the windows down a bit for air. They work wonders for mice!
  17. F

Daytime running lights?

I didn't know daytime running lights were required as long as your headlights work. Especially if the car is not equiped with them. Not in Ontario any ways.
  18. F

1997 Starting Problem

Neutral safety switch?
  19. F

My truck died HELP!

:thumbsup: Right on!
  20. F

asking for tranny trouble???

:thumbsup:
  21. F

A New One To Me

Can't see it being the water pump if it does it with the engine off. When the engine is off there is nothing moving in the engine, therefore it must be water/air. Good luck! Peace
  22. F

asking for tranny trouble???

Where you been Mark? I'm goin out behind GM today around 2 if you're up to it. I have found tons of trails out there now. If you are not busy, come on out.
  23. F

Hard Cold Starts: Any Ideas?

I'm not sure on that year, but you shouldn't have to drain it.
  24. F

Hard Cold Starts: Any Ideas?

If the fuel pressure is good, then the next thing I'd check is the temp sensor. That tells the computer to give a rich mix till it starts and warms up. Kinda like the same idea as a choke. Good luck. Peace
  25. F

My truck died HELP!

Sounds like the fuel pump to me just not pumping strong enough. Can you hear the fuel pump when you turn on the key? Check the fuel pressure at the rail. Turn the key on , place a rag in front of the valve so you don't make a mess. Press in on the valve pin carefully with a srew driver or...
Back