Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 3

Im baaaack

Any ideas?!?! throw out some ideas on whats stopping my injector pulse, I have already checked about everything!
  2. 3

The 30 inch tires that aren't

what width rims are you running?
  3. 3

Im baaaack

my phone finally uploaded the pics... SOOOO here is the new bronco
  4. 3

Im baaaack

here is my vw. its slightly lower then that now. It is an absolute blast to drive. Its like owning a street legal go kart!
  5. 3

Im baaaack

it has fender flairs (some cheapos) with 30 inch tires and white wagon wheels on white paint. Ill post a pic soon. I think it might stay mostly stock for a while. I plan on getting back into offroading a little bit but mostly it will handle my hunting, fishing and winter needs.
  6. 3

2001 Explorer Sport Road Noise

and you are right. Plain and simple you need to figure it out by taking the weight off from the tire. If you can use a hoist simply put it in the air and put it in 4 wheel drive and use a stethescope to pinpoint the noisy corner.
  7. 3

if you are turning left you are putting more weight on the right bearing so the right bearing would make more noise if that was the culprit
  8. 3

drive it and pay attention to when the noise goes away when you turn. If it goes away while turning left it will be the left side and if it goes away while turning right it will be the right side. Then just pay attention to front and rear
  9. 3

hub style and they are very common to fail
  10. 3

Im baaaack

Hi guys! Some of you might remember me and the 94 explorer sport I built. it was performance orange with a 351w, ford 9, dana 44 and 315 75 16 sport comps. It was a great truck but fuel consumption was killing me driving an hour each way for work. Ive had a few rangers since then and now...
  11. 3

I'd like to disspell a rumor

i am a mechanic and recommend/do trans flushes at over 100K. im like a mad scientist bringing back old trannies from the dead.
  12. 3

my explorer floats!!

uhmm you guys should have got ahold of me, i would have made it out. Next time you go to silver tell holeshotracer to beep me
  13. 3

need some help guys- 91 tranny in 95 truck

both are e-shift. I just talked to the boss man and we are ordering a computer out of a 95 5 speed. He said it will be acceptable to be a 2wd for a while. You see he owns a garage and i am a mechanic at his garage. In the winter months he would like to keep me busy so i get this project...
  14. 3

alright cool. What about transfer case, are they the same, and if not will i have to swap driveshafts along with the t-case. Couldnt i just swap these and let the cel be on, i mean it would all function correctly right, it would all just be really confused right????? That way it would be...
  15. 3

need some help guys- 91 tranny in 95 sport i have a 95 sport which has an auto tranny and the tranny is going out. I also have a 91 explorer with a 5 speed. The 91 will be a donor, but what i am wondering is will the 91 tranny bolt right up to 95 4.0? I know that a ses light will be on, but...
  16. 3

turbo 2.3..... need help

well i am in the market for a 95-97ish ranger. I am looking for a 2wd 2.3 with a 5speed. My question is, how different is the older 2.3 turbos to the newer 2.3s? I was originally hoping that i could just bolt on an intake and a manifold and plumb the turbo but the more i thought about it i...
  17. 3

Slope BL/ SOA questions???

dont do that... its not safe. IF you want 35s do it right
  18. 3

one crazy night...now i need a transfer case

ttt, does anyone know how difficult it is to rebuild these t cases, im looking into that as well as a used one. so if anyone could offer some help that would be great
  19. 3

I just want to thank wal-mart.

im a teen mechanic... I have basically learned everything i know from my dad or have taught myself. I work on high end vehicles all day, like lexus, bmw, audi, mercedes, vettes, alfa rameos, etc... i have had VERY few complaints, actually i can only think of one customer i have ever had, which...
  20. 3

intermittent starting issue

i had this problem with a 88 jetta i had in the shop. i turned out to be the feed fuel pump would just randomly not work so the primary didnt have any fuel to it. Now i know explorers only have one pump, assuming she has an explorer, but the easiest way is to hook up a fuel pressure gauge and...
  21. 3

Filling door lock

i have a very easy solution for you. Pull off the doorskin on the inside. Peel back the plastic rap, and with your window being up you can reach around and there is a little plastic clip, its white and on the end of a little rod, if you disconect that they can spin the lock all the want and it...
  22. 3

one crazy night...now i need a transfer case

hey hows it going everybody. I know i havent posted in a while, but i need some help. I had an awesome day at silver lake sand dunes today, the explorer was unstoppable, until we were on the way home. I will name citys just for the locals, I was in ravenna, i just turned right by the four way...
  23. 3

351W project - more progress, Oil Pan done.

ahhh i see. Yea all the other explorers that have seen with 351ws also have straight axles up front... This looks like a sweet project, im going to have to keep an eye on this thing. Maybe when you finish it i can see it in person
  24. 3

351W project - more progress, Oil Pan done.

hey nice looking pan. Have you talked to rich yet, i cant think of his screen name, but he is in muskegon mi and he has a 351w in a 4 door, and i have a 351w in a sport. What axle set up are you using that forced you to make a new pan? i know i used the stock pan on the motor, and i believe...
Back