Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Some private NC wheeling *LOTS OF PICS*

Went out to some private land here in NC to have a little fun yesterday. It was a cold day, but fun was had all across the board. Got a ton of pics.
  2. S

Overheating issues...

95 XLT 4wd Overheating Issues My Truck has been running hot lately. Its a 4dr 1995 XLT 4wd. When i turn on the AC the temp climbs pretty steady. If i dont run AC (or if i just run the vent) the temp will climb steadily to a little above 3/4 way then stay there. Stop and go traffic it heats up...
  3. S

ubolt size for all years?

Are the rear Ubolts the same size in first gens and second gens? I need to replace one, and have access to several first gen bolts but not without driving out to the boonies to get it. So im asking here if anyone knows if they are all the same size in first gens as they are in second gens.
  4. S

custom bushings?

Ive got a set of uniball control arms here....and need some bushings for them. Ive tried Camburg (dont have the right size) and ive tried Energy suspension (wont build any off of measurements) I need some input from some of you desert guys for who i should call to get some bushings (or have some...
  5. S

ANOTHER 1354 thread (sorry)

can you guys who have the 1354 in a 2nd gen post up some pics of where you have the shifter comming through the floor? All the threads ive found either have dead pics...or dont have any pictures. I have the full console and Im trying to figure out a way to mount the damn thing in there without...
  6. S

strip it clean

I need some expert help. I need something that will strip the paint off my fenders. I have a second set, and i need to strip them down so i can repaint them (they have been cut and are just all dinged up from getting moved back and forth from the garage to the work area) Im just gonna primer and...
  7. S

Who Knows it?

Who knows the bolt size for the upper control arms? I need a set of bushings made for my uniballs....but I need the bolt size, and I'm trying to save myself the headache of taking them off to measure. Thanks.
  8. S

Tranny issues?

OK, i need some tranny help. Sometimes (about 75% of the time) when i cold start my truck (start when not warmed up) the truck will do some wierd things. Backing out of my parking spot it will be fine, but when i go to put it in drive after i have backed out, when i put it in drive it will not...
  9. S

Winch Sizes.

Im just wondering, what size winches is everyone running. I see alot of 9500s, 9000s, (maybe an 8000 would be enough?) Im just curious to see what sizes everyone chose, why you chose the size you did, how fast it spools, if you've ever had any issues with it, how you mounted them, etc. I think...
  10. S

Re: body lift problems

:fire: Ive gotten all of the body bolts out except the front passenger core mount....took the nut off the top fine, but the bolt refuses to drop out of the hole. it will just turn and turn pulling the bushings with it. The whole thing just turns in place. Ive tried hammering, heating, impact...
  11. S

Slravene's hunk-o-junk

So i finally decided to go Elite...figured i've saved FAAAAR more than 20$ from using this site, so it's the least i could do. Here's my junk: Started off stock, just like every other explorer on the road. My dad bought it new in 95 and he owned it until i turned 16 and he passed it on to...
  12. S

Rediculous Clunking in Driveline

After I've been running for a while at speeds (60-80mph) I'll be going along with my foot on the gas (Highway) and if i take my foot off the gas completly and quickly, there will be a loud CLUNK from somewhere in the driveline (tranny or tcase i believe). However if i ease off the gas it will...
  13. S

Full-Width vs Normal (Pros, Cons)

My axle swap is beginning to become a planning stage type of deal. However, i am stumped on the decision between Full-Widths, or not (besides the blatanly obvious). Im looking for some pros and cons of both setups. Im looking at either a FW,HP44/9" or a normal width LP44 (or HP if i can cut...
  14. S

UNF Nov. 12th

Zhanx and I will be taking a run to URE NF on this saturday November 12th. Anyone is welcome to come (stockers to full out buggies if you want) PM me or answer in this thread if you are interested.
  15. S

OK Guys, i need help...once again

So my front end is making a TON of noise... I get a very loud squeeking fromt my suspension when i go over any bump (even the slightest) or when i turn the steering wheel while stopped (i know its bad for it, but it made the noise when i was playing with it and doing that). Now im hoping that...
  16. S

New Front Bumper

Got my new bumper the other day, decided to wheel it this past weekend. So here are some pics. Let me know what you think. *At the beginning of the day* *Climbing the trail* *At the end of the day* *Hanging with the Heep* *Just a little extra, that I thought...
  17. S

Locked!!!!

yessssssssssss, im now locked in the rear. Aussie Locker installed in under 5 hours with a buddy (and repaired a broken wheel stud as well)...So far i love it and cant wait to try it out this weekend. Just thought i would share my joy :D
  18. S

thornturds

Are the Thornburds even worth buying? I can get a new set (33x12.5) for like 200....is that even worth it or are they THAT bad...ive seen people running them but i dont know if they are really as bad as people say, or if they jsut arent worth the sticker price.
  19. S

powertrax lockrite vs no-slip

I am trying to decide between the two...they both claim to not lock up on the street while in turns, but the lock right says not reccommended for road applications...Which one shoudl i get, my Ex sees roads alot and the trails every now and then. Its a weekend warrior i guess is what to call it...
  20. S

Uwharrie NF October 8th, 2005

I might be headed to URE on October 8th (saturday) if anyone is interested in a day ride...stockers to SAS's are all welcome ;)
  21. S

Gear selection

Ok, i know another gear thread...im sorry...but my mileage is killing me. I have 31s now, but plan on going to 33s in the near future. I have 3.55 now and i want to get better mileage and slighty more power (i know i cant have both) I dont wanna have no acceleration and all mpg, but i dont want...
  22. S

dual shock conversion?

Has anyone ever done this to a second gen yet? Been searching around and havent seen it yet (other than on SAS). I need new shocks and got a buddy thats a Rubicon Express dealer, so im gonna try and get my hands on 4 res. shocks. I just wanna see if this is possible. ;)
  23. S

stock frame ears...

Im having a bumper built for the front end of my ex and i was wondering if the stock frame ears were strong enough to support the bumper if i were to say...use it as a jack point/tow point/mount a winch to the bumper? With winches getting so cheap i really want one, but i dont wanna cut off my...
  24. S

Slravene's 95xlt *56K BEWARE*

Its about time i made myself a page. Ive got a 95 XLT 4x4 with TT/AAL/Shackles and 31s, mods in signature. I drove it stock since i was 16 and just recently (this past summer) started to mod it. More pictures can be found at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2082991 as well as some pictures of my...
  25. S

torsion bar slipping

Has anyone ever had their torsion bolts slip back out after a TT? It seems that my front end might have dropped slightly from when it was first brought up...i have read on here somewhere that the bolts will back out if they are removed and then put back in (which mine were). Any suggestions?
Back