Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

V8 4.6 - 2006 cylinder ID

Would this be the same on a 2005 Explorer 4.6L?
  2. S

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Doing the front now? When we had two go at once (front right, and rear left). I ended up going to the shop I like in town. The guy there said the only recommend BCA National bearings. Three months ago we had the front left go after being replaced from the dealer in Sept 2009, and I got a MOOG...
  3. S

Rear glass button not working

Thank you. Yes the keyless entry remote and the number pad on the drivers side door will open the liftgate glass. I'll look for that fuse after work. If that's good I would say the button it's self is bad.
  4. S

Rear glass button not working

Anyone seen this problem? I can't find the manual to find out if there's a fuse for it.
  5. S

Rear Pinion Bearing Going...

We just had our rear diff replaced with a reman Jasper for $2200 with tax. It was $1600+ for the rear diff and amost $400 for labor. They did say they discounted the rear end about $200 for me. Another shop told use $2500 for a Jasper about a year ago.
  6. S

80% of 2005 Explorer Transmissions Fail

Our 2005 with a V8 went at 118,000. And just replaced the rear diff at 122,000, but has been bad for atless 10,000 miles
  7. S

Transmission breather hose?

Wifes 2005 V8 had the transmission go about 6 months ago. The shop installed a reman Jasper transmission. Last night she stopped at a rest stop and there was smoke coming from under the truck. I found this: This line Looks like they have some plastic screw in it: Leaked oil all over...
  8. S

05 Explorer V8 Limited rear diff options

What should the labor time be? There labor rate is or was $75 an hour last I checked.
  9. S

Screw it! We're going with a jasper reman installed for $2000+ tax
  10. S

Ok it's time to do something with our rear diff. The drive shaft move up and down in the housing, and grows when driving. Went to my shop today and they say the can get a used rear diff for $600 (one year parts warranty, no labor warranty) plus $840 to install = $1440. "There is a chance we can...
  11. S

Third gear missing in my Reman?

Well the truck went in the shop Tuesday. It was a bad neutral safety switch. Everything seems to be working better now. Now we need to get the rear end figured out.
  12. S

The shop I go to said the only bearing the recommend using is BCA National. The last one I installed was Moog, and it's the name part number in it as the BCA National and it says National on it.
  13. S

Third gear missing in my Reman?

Had a Jasper Reman Transmission installed about 6 months ago (3yr/100,000 warranty). Lately the wifes said it's sluggish. But I notice something weird. The other day when the roads were snowy I tried downshift to stay off the brakes going down this hill. So I turn off the OD, slowed down some...
  14. S

Front sway bar link remove and replace

Just did my wife end links also. She (we) were hearing a clunk here and there. I told her I would check it when doing the brakes. Got the drivers side pads and rotors done and went to the passenger side and look at that. Same spot as yours. Got some moogs for $20, and did both sides. I bet it...
  15. S

seafoam and oil help 02 mountaineer

Pretty much like so.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibMhMADJV8 I sure 5W-20 or 5W-30. Brand is up to you. I just would not buy the cheapest stuff you can fine.
  16. S

Plugs and Fuel Filter at 120K

Well yesterday the wife was driving to town and the CEL started flashing and she said it had lost power. I got home and for P0301 (Cylinder 1 One Misfire Detected). So the shop I took it to today yeah they believe I was right that it needs plugs. So I had them do plugs (NGK 3403 G-Power...
  17. S

A cheap one we installed on my wife 05 lasted only 13 months. One month past the warranty...
  18. S

Transfer Case Fluid, How About Mobile 1 Instead Of MERCON V?

Mobil1 Dexron/Mercon ATF? So is Mobil1 Dexron/Mercon Automatic Transmission Fluid good for a 05 V8 Transfer Case? And Mobil1 Synthetic Gear Lubricant LS 75W-90 for the Front Differential?
  19. S

Clunk when stopping and turning

This 05 now has started a clunk noise from time to time. Sometimes it's when braking to a stop (going straight). Other times we hear the same noise when turning. The sharper the turn the more likely it will clunck. Shop doesn't see a problem and it doesn't happen all the time.
  20. S

255/70/16 on 2005 Explorer (Pics)

Well the 255/70/16 are only about 1/2" bigger then your 245/65/17. 245/70/17 would be 1/2" bigger. I would go any bigger.
  21. S

When I had the last two go (one original rear and one 13 month old one from advanced auto) the shop I go two said the only ones that last on ford's and gm's are BCA Bearings. One front and one rear installed cost me $900.
  22. S

245/65/17 is stock for her 05 Limited
  23. S

Thanks for updating. I'm going to get a set of these tomorrow for the wife in 245/65/17
  24. S

All 4 WB, Now a Tranny

The rear motor clicks so there is signal to the motor just not worth $100+ to fix. Front windows work when there rear windows don't. So no it's not the lock rocker. Blender doors are just something that doesn't look like fun. I hate this truck. And hated the 98 we had before this.
Back