Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Q

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

Do you have a list of the individual parts needed? I've been wanting to do this but like others, have a hard time spending that much. Looks like the parts are: Genuine Ford voice activated navigation system control module Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen Screen to module cable Under...
  2. Q

Transmission fluid and other problems

I thought I'd run this one by you guys -- my brother-in-law recommended that I do not flush out my transmission fluid (2003 XLT V8 with 93,000 miles) since I've actually never done it. He claims this will flush out all the built up metal shaving and allow the gears to wear even more. He said to...
  3. Q

Rattling sound coming from front

Wow, it has been years since I've posted here. My avatar still is my old 93 Explorer Sport! Anyway.. I have a 2003 Explorer XLT V8 and for the last few months I've been hearing this rattling sound. It only happens when I'm in a certain speed. For example, between 20-23mph it will...
  4. Q

Need fast help: Vehicle Speed Sensor wire

haha.. are you guys still using my howto I wrote last year? I haven't been around in ages, just curious. Thanks, Quick
  5. Q

Time for new shocks, but need help

Hey guys.. been awhile since I posted. Well I need new shocks. My Explorer bounces, sways, and all that fun stuff. My problem is that I'm not sure what I should get. I don't want to spend large amounts of money because I don't need anything "performance" wise, just a nice set of shocks. I...
  6. Q

154k miles.. what to do?

Well my Explorer is getting up to 154k miles but is still running like new. The tranny is still perfect without a single problem. Would adding any huge mods to my engine just be a waste of money. I was thinking about headers, or something. I need the power but of course I don't want to...
  7. Q

Battery died.. and more problems

Well I was about to leave work, and BAM.. no power. So after getting ripped off for $210 for a new battery, replacement, and alternator check they said my alternator is only pumping out 30amps.. So now I'm getting a new alternator.. and it is a 95amp which is a stock alternator, right...
  8. Q

Hooking up air/fuel ratio gauge

It is just a nice accessory to have. A friend has it on his V6 4.0L and it moves when he floors it, etc. I'm not asking you to get one, I was just asking for some help on it.
  9. Q

Hooking up air/fuel ratio gauge

Well I ordered the Air/Fuel Ratio gauge for my 1993 Explorer Sport. My only problem is that I don't know the correct color wire to hook it up too.. If anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1991-1994 and could look up the color for the O2 sensor wire, it would be great! Thanks!
  10. Q

Digital fuel gauge

I'm looking for a digital fuel gauge that will tell how many gallons are left in the car. Does anyone have any idea if they make these? And if they do, where can I get it?
  11. Q

91-94 Billet Grille owners??

I have a '93 sport, which has no chrome on it. I really would like a billet grille but I know the chrome would be bad. Does anyone make black ones? If not, how hard is chrome to paint? Thanks
  12. Q

Looking for a smooth ride

Ever since I've bought my Explorer I've always complained how rough the ride is over tracks, up curbs, etc. I know it's an SUV, but I've driven in newer Explorers and the ride is totally different. So I'm now in the market for shocks. I don't do any offroading except in the winter when it...
  13. Q

Amp question

I bought a small 2-channel Pioneer amp (if you hate Pioneer thats fine, but dont flame this post with how much they suck please ;)) to power my JBL sub (10" and box for free, cant complain). I have a few questions. To wire it, I need RCA cables. I run them from the head unit (I'm assuming...
  14. Q

JBL 10" Sub

I bought a JBL 10" sub and box (actually it was given to me). And now, of course I want to hook it up. I have a few questions. I know I need an amp, but what type? 2 channel, 4 channel? My understanding was that all I have to do is have the headunit power up the amp, and connect the amp...
  15. Q

interior "theatre lighting" effect

It would be nice to see what it looks like with the tape off so I can compare.. Can you do that or did he take it home?
  16. Q

Well I made the device, and it seems that when the power is ON, it fades off.. and when the power is turned OFF, it just goes off.. :\ I'll keep messing with it.
  17. Q

I made one, but it didn't seem to work. I'll keep working on it.
  18. Q

Well, I dont do half-ass jobs either but when you are messing with an important wire of the car, I always take precautions. Why risk screwing up that wire when it isn't needed?
  19. Q

I dont think so. I'm guessing everything BEFORE the device that dims it will shut off, and everything past it will fade off. But, we'll see.
  20. Q

The "door jam" wire is the black/blue wire. When the door is open, this wire is hot and when it is closed, it's not. (*writes a childrens book*) My only question is do you install it ANYWHERE in the wire? Cause that wire goes all around the car, so where would you recommend placing it? I'm...
  21. Q

Well considering it's a vehicle speed sensor it is going to the computer. So, depending on your year of Explorer, you can find it coming off of the harness that plugs into the computer. But, like I said the wire is unneeded. If you were to either plug it in, or leave it just hanging there...
  22. Q

Amp and sub question

Well I can afford the really expensitive stuff but I dont want too. I really just want the basic stuff. Like i've always said I'm not out to win any sound competitions, but I would like a decent sound. I dont need the $500 amp with 100+ features. :) I just need a decent sub and amp.. :)
  23. Q

Amp and sub question

I do have a headunit. Sorry I should have included this in the stuff I said.
  24. Q

Amp and sub question

Well I upgraded my speakers a week ago. For the front doors I got 2 3-way Pioneers and for the back I got 2 2-way Pioneers. I'm now looking into a sub and of course and amp. I'm planning on just getting 1 sub, though a lot of places do the "buy one get one free" thing. What amp do I need...
  25. Q

Electric Hatch Popper?

All I want is a push button to pop the glass. Someone has had to do it! I'll be looking into it tomorrow, but ideas are welcome. :)
Back