Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Antifreeze leak.

Gaskets wouldnt be branded Motorcraft you would need to get FORD gaskets from a Ford dealer.
  2. M

help finding clunk under dr seat!

Trans cross member?
  3. M

94 X RF Axle shaft

I just did my upper and lower ball joints I decided to change all bearings u-joints and seals while in there. When pulling the right side axle boot off I found the splined section was rusted completely together. So I did as much as I could and put it back together knowing it would have to...
  4. M

Temp Gauge Problem

If you do a search on this problem you will find alot of similar symptoms and lots of ideas to remedy. This may be one of the easiest fixes. Try and purge as much air out of the system as possible. It was most likely the sender and when you changed it lost some fluid and gained an airspace...
  5. M

A4LD No Reverse

was the filter and fuid changed regularly before the last one? I have heard of these trannies not liking new fluid after a long time without service.
  6. M

Hot air coming out of the A/C...Compressor, hot/cold door or leak?

I agree it is "short cycling" - due to low pressure throw a can in
  7. M

92 EB No Hum from Fuel Pump

Stock vehicle relay colors are: Green = fuel pump Brown or tan = EEC
  8. M

Buying my first explorer

I New York they all seem to rust in the same spots bottom of the drivers door passenger side rocker/ 4dr (open the rear door and you will see it) on almost all but the best taken care of. around fuel fill leading edge of hood real quarter wheel openings
  9. M

Sounds from under vehicle sounds like chains

sorry for the late reply I couldnt figure out the reason for this bolt being there and it drove me crazy for such a long time... I removed it . I thought about threaded rod but just left it out. No effect? We will see.
  10. M

High milage explorers?

94 Eb 94xlt 94 EB 192,000 radius arm bushings 130k MAF sensor 140k EVP sensor 140k EGR valve w/ tube 192k brakes (several times) ? heater valve 192k Auto hubs changed to manuals 150k Front axle bearings, seals (several times) every month- for a while it seemed Ujoints front 120k...
  11. M

Thanks! to this board

I have recently had problems with my 94 X. Leaky Int manifold, fluctuating temp guage, Finally engine swap I posted some questions and got replies very fast and very informative. I would like to thank those who replied! My 4.0L change went great, Fired up first shot and ran like a bear. I...
  12. M

oil pump drive/camshaft sync?

thanks Thanks eneurb, I didnt even see that. I put the old engine at TDC and checked the mark before I pulled the shaft then put the shaft in the new engine at the same setting. Great forum help!
  13. M

oil pump drive/camshaft sync?

Swapping a tired 94 4.0 for a new one. When I swap Is there any aligning of the stub distributor/oil pump drive needed for injection timing? I know its not a distributor, but is the position of it critical for injection timing? Answer greatly appreciated! Need answer soon sisters vehcle...
  14. M

Fluctuating Water Temperature

I have the same prob with a 94 explorer. For four years the guage was on the O in normal, good heat anytime, ran excellent. One day I noticed the guage going up to the A and back down below the N. This happened for a few months and just as I was wondering what all this heating and cooling off...
  15. M

Sounds from under vehicle sounds like chains

Check the left side of the front axle housing, looking from the rear, there is a bolt that goes from top to bottom and it breaks towards the bottom and hangs there jingling. I had a jingler, it drove me nuts. Sounds just like a chain touching the ground.
Back