2. Dopler174

Engine stalls When I shift into gear

Sounds like a torque converter problem.
  3. Dopler174

t-case banging and popping

Sounds like a bad transfer case.
  4. Dopler174

Slow cranking

Disconnect your battery for a minute or so. Then try it. If it gives you the same results, (without the CEL on) then move on to a fuel priming issue.
  5. Dopler174

Tranny problem on my 1994 Explorer

Ummmmm...No. Don't do that. Does it only do this when it is cold if so, try servicing it with new fluid and a new filter. Also add a bottle of Lucas transmission. If it does this hot or cold, the you may need to re-build the valve body. We have an awesome thread in the transmission section on...
  6. Dopler174

98 Explorer Rear diff (LSD)

Try some Friction Modifier fluid first. It will cost about $20. If it doesn't work, all you have lost is some time and $20.
  7. Dopler174

Tire size on a stock 95 ford splash

On the top of the page, you will see a menu box. On the right hand side there is a word called "Search" with a cute little arrow beside it. Type Max Tire Size there. You will find a thread posted that has the answer to all your questions.
  8. Dopler174

Power mirrors don't work

It could be a relay for the mirrors. Look up radio display to fix that and yes, you have to take the door panels off to replace the speakers.
  9. Dopler174

info on my 01 Ford ranger xlt problems with engine running.??

You may need a good tune up.
  10. Dopler174

2000 xlt 4wd transmission

Welcome To Explorer Forum! I would post your problems in the Transmission section.
  11. Dopler174

Central Va. Mud Bogg Season

Vanzilla is awesome.
  12. Dopler174

94 Explorer A4LD 1 to 2 shift problem

Mine did it until I boiled the fluid out by clogging the trans cooler with mud.:rolleyes: I replaced the fluid and it has never done it again. Service it and see if the cleaner fluid helps to clear up your shift modulator issue.
  13. Dopler174

whats up

Welcome To Explorer Forum! I hope your name means Carolina Tar Heel Blue Basket Balls.
  14. Dopler174

Hello and a transmission problem!

Is your truck an all wheel drive model?
  15. Dopler174

Hello from the newbie, need help

I know this may sound strange, but I had an alternator that would charge top notch until it got warm. It sounds like yours may be doing the same thing.
  16. Dopler174

Key will not start car

It could also be a bad starter silenoid.
  17. Dopler174

Door locks

It's not all that hard. Just drill out the rivet, replace the actuator.
  18. Dopler174

1995 Explorer won't start

Sounds like you are headed in the correct direction. Try the battery terminals and check all your fuses.
  19. Dopler174

Sending unit

Near the oil filter.
  20. Dopler174

1993 Explorer Head Unit Install

It is pretty straight forward. Get you wire harness and after market radio. The wires are color coded so all you do is match them up and insulate them well. Take the cage to the radio and install it. There are small tabs that you bend to hold it in place. The plug the radio up, slide back into...
  21. Dopler174

Engine Dying

I would clean the MAFS with some good fuel injector/carb cleaner. As for a vacume leak, you can most of the time hear it and find it pretty easy. It could be an EGR problem, but I would start with the easy ones first.
  22. Dopler174

Comment by 'Dopler174' in media 'Bronco_of_death_2'

That"s funny.
  23. Dopler174

throttle cable replacement

I would start by removing the old one from the motor toward the pedal and replace it just as it came off. Take your time and you should be able to replace it with no real issues.
  24. Dopler174

91 running bad some times

Bad Cat is what I was thinking as I was reading your post.
  25. Dopler174

2002 V8 oil pressure???

I would start by checking the oil. Then the sending unit, (it will be close to the oil filter), then the gauge.
Back