Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Coolant Problem

Hello, Take your explorer to a radiator repair shop and have them test the coolant for the presence of exhaust gas. My explorer was doing the same thing. I took it to a radiator shop and they confirmed the presence of exhaust gas in my coolant. This test cost me $20.00. I then did a...
  2. B

What rear end do I have?

Hello, I am wondering what rear end I have (not my rear end but the one on my explorer). The metal tag on the rear axle differential cover reads as follows: S628A 73 883A19 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott
  3. B

Cleaning Removed Injectors

Hello, I will be replacing the head gaskets on my 94 explorer next week. While I am at it, I will replace the O-rings on the injectors. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a way to clean the injectors while I have them out of the vehicle. Thanks, Scott
  4. B

Disabling Emissions for test purposes

Mike, I want to do this because sometimes faulty emissions control components can cause a vehicle to run rough without setting a code in the computer. It would help diagnose engine problems if a person could disable some of the emissions control components one at a time and try to isolate a...
  5. B

Disabling Emissions for test purposes

Hello, I was just wondering if there is any way to disable emissions equipment such as the EGR without the Service Engine Soon light coming on. What type of emissions can be disabled for test purposes. Thanks
  6. B

Bubbles in coolant recovery tank

Hello, I recently purchased a 93 Explorer with a 4.0L engine. I have noticed that when I shut off the explorer after the engine is warmed up, that a stream of 1/4 inch sized air bubbles will flow from the radiator into the coolant recovery tank mounted on the fender well. Is this normal? I...
  7. B

Coolant leak from timing cover??

Hello, I have a 93' with a 4.0L. I have a slow coolant leak that I originally thought was coming from the T-stat housing. I replaced the T-stat and T-stat housing and still have the leak. I pressure washed the engine to clean things up so I could get a better idea of where the coolant is...
Back