Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

2002 4x4 problems

Well I changed the 4x4 Module on my dad's '02 Expo with the one recommended from Bob Utter Ford. I did verify it had a newer "build date" than the one in the Expo. Unfortunately it didn't solve his problem (4x4 engaging itself after about an hour of driving, clicking/popping during hard low...
  2. 9

2002 4x4 problems

I will be changing the module on my pop's '02 when he's down to visit in two weeks. I'll let you guys know if it helps. :thumbsup: Also, I've searched and can't find any decent OEM Ford parts suppliers you guys are referring to. I'm all about saving $50 by mail/web ordering the part! Where's...
  3. 9

Popping/Grinding While Turning?

Thanks Wash. Not sure on the dash buttons yet, my dad doesn't get down here until Sunday. I won't have much time to work on it, that's why I'm trying to figure out the problem now. I'm actually hoping it's something that simple. I'd much rather change a module than a CV shaft. :D Keep us...
  4. 9

Thanks for the advice guys, I recall reading something about a common 4wd problem on the 02+, correct? If so I'll definitely check that out. Once again my immediate thought was CV joints...but I've never seen an "intermittent" CV problem. They're either good or bad. The "it happens after...
  5. 9

Still pretty new here, you guys really helped out when I was repairing our '96 Eddie Bauer to sell. :thumbsup: Well after that my Pops purchased an '03 XLT Explorer with ~28K miles on it, currently it is at 40K. He just called and said "after driving for 30 minutes, when I turn the wheel I...
  6. 9

Upper Control Arm/Ball Joint Questions

Yep, it already needed an alignment anyway. New owner plans on doing it as soon as we leave the DMV. :)
  7. 9

Mission successful! Thanks for the help guys. Turns out the problem with the lower BJ's was actually the press I had loaned from AutoZone. The previous borrower had smashed a few threads in the middle of the huge screw, not letting it tighten anymore. So what I thought was the BJ fighting me was...
  8. 9

Thanks, I'll check it out. Problem I'm having with lowers is getting them back in. I even sanded and cleaned the mounting hole to shiny new metal. Even the ball joint press can't get it in. I've resorted to using a jack and large deep socket to jack up the ball joint and control arm and beat...
  9. 9

Thanks etc, exactly what I needed to know. Kinda weird they would use different control arms depending on which side of the vehicle! So on the passenger side 2-piece CA, can I buy just the outer piece or do you still have to purchase the entire arm assembly?
  10. 9

I was under the impression the whole point of the aftermarket control arm/camber kit that's on my Expo was to NOT have to replace the whole arm again? :confused: Also, I have the bearing press, they just don't wanna be nice and go in easy. I'll whoop up on 'em tomorrow though, ran out of...
  11. 9

Hey guys, new to the site. I've spent the last 4 hours searching and reading the forums, great info! :thumbsup: But now the questions. I'm currently selling my dad's '96 Explorer 4.0 2WD. Before doing so, I talked him into letting me partially rebuild the front end. New lower and upper BJ's...
Back