Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. WickedWindsor

94 Explore Lift Gate Strut Replacement OH NO

I would just go to a wrecking yard for one.
  2. WickedWindsor

engine swap in the spring. figuring out what route to go

This is my thread on it. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249316
  3. WickedWindsor

engine swap in the spring. figuring out what route to go

I second this totally. I would also do a diesel now instead if done over. Too much has to be done for ANY conversion. ALSO...it doesn't stop AFTER the conversion. There's always "little" things that need tweaking and is no big deal at all if you did the swap and are familiar with all the...
  4. WickedWindsor

double cardan joint

The rubber on my cardan joint cup had been half gone for years with no corrsion so I left it off entirely when I rebuilt it for my new shaft this past summer. Still loose as a goose.
  5. WickedWindsor

1991 Mazda Navajo rear diff question

Get an 8.8 limited slip carrier or install a detroit l/s locker, either way retains your gears you just have to reset them with a new carrier.
  6. WickedWindsor

Rear Hatch Conversion Wiring Questions

Hope that helps. I'd like to know how you did your 2001 front end conversion! The newer Ex's had intermittent rear wipers also I believe so you may encounter some extra wiring for that as well. You may have to try some before you find the one for "run only"
  7. WickedWindsor

Rear Hatch Conversion Wiring Questions

schematics for my '91 should be similar to your '93 wiper motor plug (INSIDE LIFTGATE) BK BK/PK R ROUND CONNECTOR (LEFT SIDE) PK/BK - LIFTGATE LOCK ACTUATOR LG - HIGH MOUNT STOP LAMP PK/O - LIFTGATE LOCK ACTUATOR ROUND CONNECTOR (RIGHT) R - WIPER MOTOR GY/Y - WINDOW...
  8. WickedWindsor

New Paint For Wicked Windsor

Rustoleum (Tremclad) Olive. Sprayed with HVLP gun.
  9. WickedWindsor

New Paint For Wicked Windsor

Got bored of what I had so I did this... Stages she transformed.
  10. WickedWindsor

Engine swap "Cummin" soon

Do you have emissions testing in Jersey to worry about?
  11. WickedWindsor

Want to relocate your gas tank?

Update Thought I'd let everyone know after a year and a half how this mod has been. I've been offroad on the hottest of days, in traffic, back and forth to work and haven't blown up or rattled the tank loose. I had my emissions test with no ill effects. I've gained massive room under the...
  12. WickedWindsor

EB D44 ?s

That's because you're not using the stock steering. Your steering is setup properly. He was talking about reusing his Ex's drag link and tie rod.
  13. WickedWindsor

EB D44 ?s

You'll get major bumpsteer with the stock steering and solid axle unless somehow you get the draglink parallel with the track bar and tie rod.
  14. WickedWindsor

Wicked Windsor's D44 Swap

I used this article for reference before I did mine and worked great for info. It is a Toyota shaft but the principle is the same. Driveshaft CV Modification for Increased Angle This is basically all that needs to be done, Once you start grinding bits off & test fitting them as you go...
  15. WickedWindsor

I guess it depends on what you want it to do. I set up mine so I can remove a hitch pin on the rear of the upper passenger control arm for trail and flex. I leave the pin in place on the street for more controlled stopping and strength. Longer links will allow the axle to not rotate as much...
  16. WickedWindsor

My 99 behind swap!!

Get a rear brake line hose from a mid 90's Dodge Caravan to extend the rear line. It'll fit between your existing hose and hard line with a male union adapter. There's a 9" or 16" hose ABS or non ABS part.
  17. WickedWindsor

Fuel Pump has no power

You may want to change the oil before firing it up if it's been sittng a while. Old stale grimey oil can really mess up an otherwise good engine.
  18. WickedWindsor

Advice on rear bearings.

Usually depends on mileage. You can usually go pretty darn far on rear bearings before they fail. Excessive loads and/or towing could also speed up failure though. Does it howl under acceleration AND deceleration or one not the other? rear gears can howl pretty good when they go bad as...
  19. WickedWindsor

I've got 4" to the inner C weld and 4 1/4" to the inner C (weld is 1/4" thick. My Ballistic fab brackets are 3" from outside edge to outside edge wide. Also to consider, I angled my brackets so the control arms would angle in as they get closer to the frame. I think this is the propper way to...
  20. WickedWindsor

I can measure the width of space I have between the diff and inner C this weekend for you. I did cut about 1/2" off the drivers cast housing for the little extra I needed. I'll also measure My DOM for you as well. I got all my DOM for under $80 at my local metal supply.
  21. WickedWindsor

'92 X 302 Swap and more...

If I were you, I'd be welding those spring perches to the axle.
  22. WickedWindsor

steering shaft extension

There's enough play in the slip joint of the steering shaft to cover the gap for a 2" body lift. Those who used the extension may not have even tried to raise the body "as is" first. Don't disconnect the shaft from the steering box. Raise the body just high enough to get the "pucks" in place...
  23. WickedWindsor

Availability, hubs & brakes. All a plus in my book.
  24. WickedWindsor

One other thing I did was reuse the stock '91 front driveshaft and swap the front spline yoke on it with the spline yoke off of a rear '95 Sport shaft. This gave me 1330 yoke to match my axle and shaft length was perfect for my 1356 xfer case. The stock shaft would be too long for stock xfer...
  25. WickedWindsor

Thanks, 4.10 gears. Perfect for 33's and my 351 engine. Here's where it gets interesting! I used the stock Ram master cylinder on my truck that is almost a bolt-in!!!!! Since it has bigger brakes, I wanted sufficient braking power, makes sense to use master that the calipers were designed...
Back